𝐇𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐁𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐁𝐨𝐲

❤︎   𒊹︎   ❤︎

❤︎   𒊹︎   ❤︎

Marie's stood there steadily as she and Simon were getting their portrait painted and as Marguerite sat there rather blandly the painter was growing a tad irritated.

"You are permitted to smile, Your Graces." The painter said as Marguerite breathed deeply before smiling even though on the inside she was fuming with anger.

Still, the painter just wasn't feeling the environment of his portrait so he spoke up once again.

"Might you both move a bit closer as well?" The painter asked to which Simon and Marguerite scooted a tinge closer to one another.

"Better," The painter simply replied not wanting to get on the duke and duchess bad side with another comment.

"Once this portrait business is settled, I shall quit London. Tonight, perhaps." Simon said as Marguerite rolled her eyes.

"If you haven't noticed I don't care. Go to America for all I care. You don't need to tell me, Simon. It will cause whispers about our marriage but I see that never mattered to you...our marriage of course." Marguerite said bluntly with a shrug.

"Leave once the season is over as planned. " Marguerite replied to which Simon simply nodded.

"Will do," he said.

"And about the ball this Friday will you be there," Marguerite questioned.

" I have little choice in the matter, seeing as I am one of the hosts," Simon said as Marguerite smiled.

"Don't worry this will be your last commitment. Come next week everything will be settled down and over." Marguerite said as Simon frowned but Marguerite simply turned her head. She wanted him to feel her pain. Simple as that.

"Apologies, but this is not working. Perhaps His Grace might place his hand on the duchess's shoulder so that you both can look as happy as you surely must be. " The painter said stopping to critique the couple to look perfect for the picture.

They simply got into order with Simon lovingly holding Marguerite's shoulder with her looking into Simon's eyes something she regretted. She knew she would sink back in as much as Simon hurt her she loved him. Honestly and truly.

She looked into his eyes searching for some ounce of love and support which Simon for once showed. Simon loved Marguerite without a doubt but his own experience and challenges were fighting with one another. He didn't want his marriage to be ruined just as it began but he vowed to his father and he planned to keep it that way.

"The very picture of devotion," the painter said as he finished his painting.

❤︎ 𒊹︎ ❤︎