𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐎𝐧 𝐌𝐞

❤︎ 𒊹︎ ❤︎

                                      ❤︎   𒊹︎   ❤︎

       ❤︎ 𒊹︎ ❤︎

Marguerite stood there rather timidly waiting for Simon all playing with her fingers and looking down. She felt like a burden and the longer she waited the more she grew sadder. She knew Simon would not want to marry her, but at least he could try. Rather than leaving Marguerite to look like a fool waiting with Lady Danbury and Violet.

"Did we not say ten o'clock?" Lady Danbury questioned as Marguerite lightly grunted in frustration.

"Yes we did, " Marguerite muttered before looking down again.

"Oh, there he is, " Violet said making Marguerite look up to see Simon looking rather distraught and not dressed necessarily appropriately.

It looked as if he was out all night and were drunk, but Marguerite kept that to herself for it was not her place to say anything, besides Simon was doing a favor for her. Her mouth couldn't make him go back on the proposal.

"Well, do not make haste on our account, " Lady Danbury said as Simon approached them all looking as if he were crying.

Did marrying her really bring him this much discomfort to the point it made him cry? Marguerite was beginning to rethink this whole proposal. She didn't want to cause anyone harm. Not her stepmother, Daphne, Anthony, Lord Fairbanks, Lady Danbury, or Simon. Especially Simon actually.

"A most heartfelt congratulations, Your Grace. I look forward to counting you as part of our family." Violet said happily with Simon saying, " As do I, " rather drunkenly. As Marguerite could smell the alcohol in his breath making her put her head back down.

"Did you bring the bar with you, boy?" Lady Danbury said looking at Simon in disgust making Simon turn his head away as Lady Danbury looked over him.

"Lady Danbury all is fine. Truly, maybe we should promenade, " Marguerite said looking up at the other with Simon agreeing with her. Before walking off leaving Marguerite to catch up with him.

And as they walked it was rather a silent walk with Simon occasionally sniffing or grunting making Marguerite frown and keep her head down.

As the silence increased Marguerite felt like she should break the tension, but she was rather too chicken to really do so.

"Have...have you tried drinking raw eggs and garlic. It's supposed to help with the side effects that come with drinking a lot." Marguerite muttered as Simon looked unhinged and rather plain.

"What we're you going to say?" Marguerite shyly asked disturbing Simon from his train of thought.

"I um...I do not recall, " Simon said bluntly brushing everything off.