𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞

❤︎ 𒊹︎ ❤︎

                                      ❤︎   𒊹︎   ❤︎

                           ❤︎   𒊹︎   ❤︎

"So you're getting married, " Elizabeth questioned as Marguerite nodded her head.

"Afraid so, " Marguerite said with a nod as Elizabeth frowned as she realized that Marguerite would then have to leave.

"You're leaving me. I'm gonna miss you and our talks when you're gone, " Elizabeth confessed as she tearfully hugged her best friend.

"We can still talk through letter and just because I'm leaving doesn't mean I won't ever see you. Look at what's happening in a matter of time you'll be my sister through marriage. I see it happening the way you and Benedict are together. That is love. Simon and I are...something, " Marguerite said trying to cheer Elizabeth up only to make herself feel sad.

"Oh hush you and Simon are not just something, there has to be some love there, " Elizabeth questioned.

"A man that snatches his hand away from his soon-to-be wife, makes her cry, all while kissing and touching upon her is not love. In fact, I don't know what it is. And while I am grateful for Simon's proposal, I feel like a burden to him Elizabeth, " Marguerite admitted frowning as Elizabeth looked at her friend with sadness before grabbing ahold of her hands.

"Listen here, you don't have to feel like a burden Marguerite because your not. Your a lovely friend, sister, daughter, and soon-to-be wife. Your the best and if Simone is too much of an arse to see that then his loss he doesn't realize how great of a woman you are, " Elizabeth said making Marguerite finally genuinely smile.

"See now that's the smile all of London been wanting to see, hell even me, give yourself praise Marguerite instead of hate, " Elizabeth said as Marguerite hugged her best friend.

                                     ❤︎   𒊹︎   ❤︎

"Denied, what for?" Marguerite questioned.

"The archbishop of Canterbury did not think he owed me an explanation," Anthony said making Marguerite agitated.

"If we are to wait weeks for this wedding, it gives that bitch Cressida Cowper, Lady Whistledown, and anyone else to time to spread the word of what happened in that garden, " Marguerite worried.

Marguerite then looked over at Simon whom rather stood to the side by himself in deep thought about what would they do now.

"Simon—, " Marguerite said before Lady Danbury's presence was announced and she was greeted by Violet.

"Welcome! Is everyone as famished as I?" Violet said with a chuckle as Lady Danbury sensed something off with Marguerite, Simon, and Anthony.

"Now, this is far too grim a mood for the celebration I was counting on. What on earth is the matter?" Lady Danbury questioned suspiciously.