𝐈 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

❤︎   𒊹︎   ❤︎

                                     ❤︎   𒊹︎   ❤︎

"Daisy will you eat slower we have guests, " Eloise teased Marguerite as they all sat down to have a dinner with their guest being none other than the Duke of Hastings himself.

Marguerite stopped as she swallowed her food, wiped her mouth before slamming her foot onto Eloise who let out a yelp.

"Good gracious Eloise you should restrain from yelling so loud we have a guest, " Marguerite said before continuing to eat causing her younger brother and sister to laugh at her making her laugh a little.

The whole dinner Marguerite refrained from giving any eye contact at the Duke of Hastings, both out of hatred but also nervousness on what would become of her. She was what some would call a chicken as of now and she didn't want to have the first say or last in anything.

"Dasiy will you teach me how to play the harp, " Hyacinth asked her eldest sister whom raised her eyebrow at her question.

"Why do you want to learn to play, " Marguerite asked her little sister who answered, " So I will attract more suitors when I come of age."

This comment made Marguerite frown.

"You don't need to learn how to play the harp to have suitors Hyacinth. Your adventurous way of life will attract suitors from all around the world and don't forget that, " Marguerite enthused winking, at Hyacinth.

"You play the harp, " the Duke questioned making Marguerite stop smiling and look up at every which way but him.

"Yes, she does...Daisy's been classically trained in France...she can play the violin, harp, and piano, she can even speak in French. " Hyacinth blabbered on making Marguerite look down as she felt the Duke of Hastings's eyes on hers.

"Quite intriguing, " Duke of Hastings said making Marguerite's breath skip a beat at the subtle compliment.

"It really is, whom else could say well my sister is French but she lives in London, " Gregory Bridgerton boasted about his eldest sister.

With these comments, it made Simon Bassett interested in more about Marguerite Bridgerton. He wanted nothing more than to hear her speak to him, but he refused to admit this subtle thought.

"Gregory if your gonna throw peas at Hyacinth at least aim higher so it could hit her face, " Marguerite said making the table laugh as Hyacinth looked at her in shock before Marguerite stuck her tongue out at her.

The rest of the evening she noticed Daphne and Simon talking and she couldn't help but feel a pang within her chest, but she lightly laughed it off and excusing herself for some air outside in the garden.