𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝

❤︎   𒊹︎   ❤︎

                                      ❤︎   𒊹︎   ❤︎

     ❤︎ 𒊹︎ ❤︎

Marguerite couldn't believe what she just inquired. She agreed to the proposal. And would now marry the duke.

It all seemed to go by rather fastly, still, Marguerite didn't strangely regret it. If it was to save her family's reputation and her brother's life she'd agree to marry anyone. Even though it is quite coincidental that Marguerite is attracted to Simon.

The rest of the morning Marguerite acted rather normally choosing to keep the engagement to herself. At least until Violet woke up along with Daphne. And Marguerite grew nervous. She couldn't keep this secret from her family for too long. Especially not her sister, Daphne. It'd be rather cruel to hide such a action from Daphne knowing how much in love her sister was with Simon.

Marguerite paced back and forth until Violet said, " Daisy dear could you stop moving my head is quite confused at the moment." Marguerite simply nodded playing with her fingers.

"I'm engaged, " Marguerite blurted out confusing Daphne while Violet looked confused but in a daze.

"Well, that is wonderful news," Violet said holding a her hand on her head.

"Yes...but....it's not to Lord Fairbanks you see.....it's um...to The Duke of Hastings, " Marguerite stuttered as Violet opened her mouth in shock. With Daphne frowning.

"The duke....he asked....asked for my hand actually...and I accepted, " Marguerite said looking down playing with her fingers.

"Marguerite...I'm surprised but also confused. Why would you accept when Daphne also pursued the Duke and I think was actually quite much in love with him." Violet said silently crushing Marguerite's heart.

"I'm sorry...truly I am...but it's rather complicated, and happened so quickly. But I do know I'm happy. Very happy. And in fact, was attracted to him long before Daphne was. We talked and I enjoyed our conversations even though they were rather harsh. But yet you continue to worry about Daphne which is understandable since your not even my real mother but at least I thought you would care to know, " Marguerite complained before leaving to go back to her chambers and groan in frustration.

❤︎ 𒊹︎ ❤︎

"Violet I need your help...I...something happened. I didn't mean for it to cause Daphne or anyone distraught, but Simon and I we...um, " Marguerite stuttered as Violet put her hands up to stop her from finishing.

"I don't need to hear more. I understand or at least will eventually. So you're getting married, my dear. When's the wedding, " Violet asked.

"I need it to be rather quickly so this week, " Marguerite answered surprising Violet once more.