𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐚𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

❤︎ 𒊹︎ ❤︎

                                     ❤︎   𒊹︎   ❤︎

❤︎ 𒊹︎ ❤︎

Marguerite being mad was an understatement she was pissed and therefore she let it be known. For as soon as she was home she stomped up to her room throwing her hair accessories and shoes every which way in her bedroom before looking at herself with the vanity before lashing out at herself hitting her chest in anger crying out before hearing a knock at the door.

And for Violet to pop her head inside before coming into Marguerite's room as she cried on her vanity.

"Sweet girl I'm so sorry," Violet said as she rubbed Marguerite's back, as Marguerite cried her heart out at the agony of being betrothed to Lord Berbrooke.

"All my life I wanted to be accepted not feel like I've been brought. If this is what love and marriage are about I don't want it, " Marguerite cried out into her hands breaking Violet's heart at the way Marguerite is feeling.

"Marriage isn't all that bad, you will have comfort, and a house to tend, and most importantly, children, " Violet suggested trying to persuade Marguerite to look at the positive and not the bad out of marrying Lord Berbrooke.

However, Marguerite could only see the bad and shook her head in disgust. "I won't bear him children, and I won't sit moping around a house waiting to have him lay on top of me I refuse it, " Marguerite argued making Violet shocked at her stepdaughter's actions.

"Daisy you will find joy out of this you always knew how to make the good out of bad things. Please try, " Violet said affectionately holding Marguerite's hands. As Marguerite gave her a faint smile knowing she could truly never bring happiness out of something that was already a catastrophe.

❤︎ 𒊹︎ ❤︎

For the next morning, Marguerite sat solemnly as she looked out her window pondering on how life would be after marrying Lord Berbrooke.

It was the same as she and Violet sat there has tea with Lady Berbrooke. Marguerite in a daze so deep that to the outside world she'd look like the white rabbit in Alice in Wonderland.

As she sat there she couldn't help but pinch herself at the disgusting way Lady Berbrooke was stuffing the cakes in her mouth.

"Miss Marguerite allow me to set my eyes upon you, " Lady Berbrooke said making Marguerite give a subtle smile before sitting still as Lady Berbrooke eyes examined her from head to toe.

"Certainly healthy. Even if your countenance is a bit drawn." Lady Berbrooke said making Marguerite ball her hands up into a fist underneath the table at Lady Berbrooke's harsh comment.