𝐓𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐈 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

❤︎   𒊹︎   ❤︎

                                     ❤︎   𒊹︎   ❤︎

"Margurite you must get ready we have to leave, " Daphne told her eldest sister by a week Margurite Antoinette Bridgerton, who sat solemnly while reading a book and nibbling on sweets.

"Why must I go...the world is full of too much for little me. Besides my hair is a mess, " Marguerite complained before looking at her hair within the vanity to see it was in perfect condition.

"Sorry I lied, " Marguerite said biting her lips making Daphne yell.

Marguerite sat there in thought of what other excuse she could make to not show her appearance tonight at the season's ball. She didn't want to feel like a stranger tonight. It took not even a dead person to notice Marguerite's skin color was completely different from her siblings.

She knew people would look at her with discussing so why parade her around, with people whom looked down upon her.

She played with her thump licking of what chocolate was left on it before letting out a huff of annoyance.

"Oh alright I'll go to this awfully, dreadful, functioning only for you my dearest sister for I don't know what you could possibly do without me, " Marguerite teased as she got up and began getting dressed.

Which consider of aching pain and being squeezed tightly into her undergarments to show off her shape in her dress. Before having jewelry and make-up applied to her loving imperfect, but fragile face.

Once though she made her way down with Daphne much to Eloise's annoyance.

"Why must you be so haste, we must hurry, " Eloise complained making Marguerite giggle to herself.

"I'm sorry I just couldn't figure out if I wanted to look better than you or not, " Marguerite teased making her younger sister Eloise gasp before hitting her causing Margurite to run and Eloise to chase after her as they walked outside much to Violet Bridgerton's dismay.

"Girls enough roughhousing, we must be ladies." Violet Bridgeton spoke with all the seriousness she could display as Marguerite and Eloise stopped with Eloise lightly hitting Margurite one last time as they burt in a fit of laughter.

"Why can't a lady rough house, if I can't have fun I wish to not be a lady, but a man, " Marguerite said pouting making her brothers Benedict and Colin laugh at her comment with Violet rolling her eyes at the suggestion Marguerite made.

"You should forever keep that thought in your big head, " Benedict said as he kissed Marguerite's forehead making her roll her eyes.

"But it's true, " Marguerite complained about a huff as the Bridgerton's all got into their carriage and rode off.

"Are you nervous, " Marguerite asked Daphne whom looked in a daze from nervousness to hopefulness.

"Yes and no, what about you?" Daphne asked looking down at her hands.

"Never, you should laugh in the face of fear, but I'm rather nervous of what others will think, " Marguerite joked with a smile before lowing her head at the thought of what the others at the event will think of her.

"Well...I think that the only thing that will be on peoples mind is how beautiful you look and all the men will be swoon over you, " Daphne spoke grabbing ahold of Marguerite's hand in comfort making Marguerite smile and the kind gesture.

When their ride came to a halt the girls were escorted out of their carriage with Marguerite thanking the men as they looked around in amazement at the huge castle.

Something Marguerite only read about in her books but never seen in person.

Marguerite was brought out of her amazement by seeing her eldest brother Anthony making her frown.
Before walking up to him.

"You should fix your hair...you wouldn't want mother to see it like this...especially after what you did, " Marguerite teased as she fixed Anthony's hair making Anthony roll his eye. "What about you at night with your sounds, " Anthony questioned making Marguerite blush in embarrassment.

"That's my business besides it's from my doing rather than an opera singer, " Marguerite clapped back before pecking her bother on the cheek and walking away and linking arms with Eloise as they walked inside the castle.

                                     ❤︎   𒊹︎   ❤︎

"Here let me fix you feather, " Marguerite's step-mother, Violet said fixing the feather on top of her head making her giggle.

"Why are you laughing this is a serious matter, " Violet asked as Marguerite stopped trued to stop laughing.

"How can you be so playful today, but so quiet the other day, " Daphne asked making Marguerite stick her tongue out at her.

"It's simple...why be a toad when you can be a monkey, be free, laugh, and play all day. The character I'm playing today is a monkey and tomorrow I'll be a dove or maybe a bear." Marguerite said aloud making Daphne think.

"What character could I be, " Daphne asked Marguerite as she shrugged.

"You could be the beautiful dove that graced us all with your elegance and grace. Relax, and enjoy yourself, " Marguerite suggested as she holds Daphne's hands before Daphne engulfed her in a hug.

                                     ❤︎   𒊹︎   ❤︎

Marguerite couldn't help but bite her lip at the antics shown by the Featheringtons, all but her best friend Elizabeth behaved as fools in front of Queen Charlotte's presence.

With Prudence falling in the process this seemed to be a show rather than a functioning.

It was soon Daphne and Marguerite's turn and to ease Marguerite's nervousness she held Daphne's hand too scared to let it go as their names were called out.

And they both walked gracefully with class, for Marguerite wanted to look any other place than at the Queen's eyes. They looked with judgment, and Marguerite could sense it.

She bowed at the perfect height and perfect length avoiding eye contact with the queen at that moment as the queen walked over to her and Daphne.

Raising both of their heads before speaking the words, " Flawless my dears. And what a lovely name Antoinette is, it's French if I'm not mistaken like the Queen of France Marie Antoinette."

Marguerite stood their in disbelief and shock.

"Yes, your Majesty...my biological mother was born in France to a Creole family," Marguerite announced making some onlookers look in shock while some in fascination.

"Very exotic, but intriguing, " Queen Charlotte said before kissing Daphne's head as well as Marguerite's who chewed at the inside of her cheek in disbelief before she and Daphne bowed again smiling.

"Did that truly just happen, " Daphne whispered.

"I don't know but I feel like fainting, " Marguerite whispered back as they giggled with Violet saying quietly, " Keep smiling, dearests. They are watching you now more than ever."

With both girls smiling happily at their accomplishment. With Marguerite's smile being because of having some acceptance in the world by the hands of Queen Charlotte.