Chapter 15: Revelations

Começar do início

"I apologize."

"But I guess it's alright since you saved my life..." As I stared at him, I began to cry. "I'm... glad that you're here.., Kyou..."

I continued to wipe my non-stop tears while he was running towards the exit.

Rubbing my eyes, the smoke was finally cleared because we're out of the collapsing building.

"Kana Rinsel!" I hit Kyou's right shoulder with my left hand. I was still carried by him.

"Ah- I mean, what is it, Miss Arjera?"

"Er... I'm sorry, I just remembered Ma'am Carsel. I met her earlier but lost my senses for a while so..."

I apologized for hitting him and being wasn't much of help. When I thought about it, it might be a punishment for messing with her...

"This explosion... was probably my fault..."

He sighed. "Never blame ourselves. You said that, Miss Arjera. I'm trying to stop myself from breaking that promise... so please don't hurt yourself..."

"Er... Put me down first before I narrate."

"Narrate..?" He gently let my feet touched the ground. "Alright."

"Thanks..."

I wouldn't have guessed that recalling that promise could make me smile in this situation.

Police officers, firefighters, and newscasters occupied the space outside while the ambulance had just arrived.

"We've caught Kana Rinsel so you can relax now."

My eyes widened, seeing her in an unusual uniform. Preparing to ask if it was the reality, I gulped. "Ma'am Janis..? I'm dreaming, right? Explosions, police outfit and stuff..."

She sandwiched my face between her hands. "This is reality, Young Myle."

"Wow, yer real' sewn sleek a prowess wan."

For interpretation, I said 'Wow, you really sound like a policeman.'

"I look cool, right-?" She released my face then cleared her throat. "So to summarize, I'm Zeyern's secret personal guard. Well then, I'm off to work!"

"Miss Janis, can I at least talk to her?" asked Kyou.

She held her chin as she decided. "Yeah, but I suggest you do it tomorrow."

That night made us awake at midnight but it gave us chance to have a proper chat. Although after so many hours, I was like a zombie returning to our home in a broad daylight.

"Kyouuu..." I tried to reach him as he was about 5 steps away from me. He stopped for a while and when I finally caught up, we walked again together.

"I have no appetite." I stood up, pushing back my chair. "Brother Ein, tell our parents that I'll be back by evening."

He also stood, slamming the table. "Hey, you just got in danger last night!"

"I'll meet a policeman. Don't worry."

I left my lunch behind and went to where Kana Rinsel was confined.

A small room for interrogation had kinda made my heart beat faster from nervousness. Thankfully, Ma'am Janis was beside me.

"Miss Myle Arjera, please play the evidence."

"Y-yes, ma'am..."

'3... 2... 1... What are you-? Boom. AAAAAH!!...'

I played the record that I had when I brought out my phone that time.

Ma'am Janis leaned forward. "Will you still deny it, Kana Rinsel?"

"Like I said-!"

Recalling that event made my eyebrows frown so I asked, "Why did you blow up the mall?"

"Oh, my~ I knew it! You like that fella! Did I interrupt your date with Kyou?"

Her words left me hanging for a second.

"We're not dating but... I do like him." I looked away and gulped.

Deeply thinking, why did I keep worrying about him? I was also sensitive when it involved him.

I figured that the reason for my desire to help my family and the reason for my desire to help Kyou were different.

Also, the embarrassing wish that I asked him... Remembering that might make me cover my face when I see him right now.

Because I needed a trusted friend, I might have grown attached to him. Still, I don't think I could just describe this feeling as friendship.

"So, will you answer my question now?"

"Confessin' that without a blush... I couldn't guess if your lyin' or just cool..?"

"Think what you want. Just please answer me."

"Yes~!" She shouted like replying to a marriage proposal.

"Ma'am Janis, can I smack her?"

"Unfortunately, you must not."

After a few minutes of silence, someone had knocked on the door.

"Miss Arjera..?"

"A-Ahahah... Yoohoo..?" I waved my hand just like back then but averted my eyes. "Why are you here?"

"Oh, I... just want to confirm something." He looked at Kana Rinsel.

For the second time, our attention was diverted to the creaking door. A police officer stepped in, holding a sheet of paper.

"Ms. Janis Zeyern, we already found her resume."

"Zeyer-?" I covered my mouth, shocked by her surname reveal. However, the next revelation made us realized our mistake.

"Ha! I told ya, I ain't lyin'!" she said, clicking her tongue.

Our eyes widened as the three of us peeked on Kana Rinsel's resume or should I say...

"Carsel Rinsel..?" Ma'am Janis snatched the paper and stared at it. "Are you sure that's her real name?!"

"Yes, we also got a copy of her birth certificate."

"It's true..." Kyou whispered. "Miss Arjera, I came here to confirm if the one who's here was Miss Kana's twin."

We've been holding our breath as the revelations continued.

"Hey, Miss Myle Arjera, you asked why I bombed the building?" She sighed. "Having a twin certainly sucks. I wanted to prevent being compared to Kana so when I found her at the mall, I immediately told my master."

Ma'am Janis frowned. "What do you mean by her? Also, master..?"

"Kyou's mother... Dad, my master, wants to get rid of her."

Knowing that she's alive made us gasped and I had the urge to hold Kyou's clenched fist. He took a deep breath to calm himself and asked, "But you didn't have to obey him, right..?"

"It's our job to kill . . . Kana is the arsonist, I'm the bomber."