33.

Ayana's POV
1 year later...

"Girl relax your making him cry" she said pulling the blanket back from her babies head "I'm sorry"
"I thought holding him would make you feel better and calm down...give me my baby back" I slowly and safety handed her little Micah back and he instantly stopped crying "That's not me, that's him being choosy" I said with a attitude and she laughed "no he's just a mommy's boy not a aunties boy" she rolled her eyes "What y'all doing to my son man?" Eric, Janelle's now fiancé came in "Mind your business Eric, we're fine"
"You are" She laughed as he kissed her cheek.

Yes as you may have guest it, Janelle had a boy and let me tell you she was absolutely pissed at her gender reveal. She saw that blue smoke and went off on everybody, even me but there day she had her baby was the day everything changed for her.

She loved Micah to death and shortly after, Eric proposed to her because she made him promise not to do it until after she had Micah.

"Stop bae, you know my friend is still heart broken" I scoffed "I'm not heart broken Janelle"
"You haven't had any other relationship since he left" She whispered but wasn't really a whisper at all "I can't even talk bad about that old nigga, he got you out of jail" Eric said talking to Janelle
"And It's by choice J"

I've been single ever since he left but mostly because I didn't have the energy to put into another man and even when I tried I found myself comparing them to him and I hated him for that. I haven't spoken to him since he walked out the door, I missed him and sometimes thought about calling him but figured it was a waste of time plus it would hurt too much if he didn't answer.

I didn't really have time to entertain anyone else anyways, since I did end up skipping a term school was much harder and I almost couldn't keep up but with that help of Janelle even though she had her baby I was able to push through.

School was so stressful this past year and today was the day I took my final.

"Anyways you need to relax, Your going to do fine" I looked at her nervously "We studied this together, at this point I feel like I could take the damn test" she rolled her eyes and handed Micah to Eric and we left.

"This is the moment you've been waiting for and if anyone deserves to pass it's you so don't focus on your family or the old ass good for nothing son of a—"
"Janelle I get it" she cleared her throat pulling up to the school "Go be great, you got this and I love you"
"Awe J, your gonna make me bust a tear" she laughed and I got out.

My nerves were terrible but i took a deep breath and took my seat inside the classroom.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I know it's taken a lot for you to get here but you made it and there is only one more step to take. You have 1 hour, 100 questions to reach the rest of your career...good luck"

I flipped my paper over and got to work.

A Hour Later...

"Why are you crying?!" Janelle yelled when I got in the car with tears running down my face "There...there is no way I passed that Janelle" she looked at me a lost for words "Well do you know that for sure?" I shook my head "no they should be posting my grade any minute now" she nodded "Well I'm sure everything will work out no matter what the grade is so I just want you to—-"
"OH MY GOD I PASSED!" I yelled looking down at my phone "OH MY GOD! Oh thank god cause I was running out of encouraging words and screw you for scaring me" I laughed "Scaring you?! Bitch I was scared myself" i then heard a tap on my window and when I looked it was Dean Abigail "The fuck does she want" Janelle said and I rolled down the window putting on a smiling face.

"Yes ma'am?" She cleared her throat "I just want to say that I am proud and happy you passed, I knew you could do it and I will be looking for more people like yourself in the future" I didn't know what to say so I just smiled and nodded and she walked away.

"She's weird" I nodded "But we are definitely going out tonight to celebrate"
"I have no objection to that"

I went back home and got dress in a sexy strapless red dress that was laced up on the sides  went just below my ass and fit tightly to my body, I straightened my hair and put in some loose curls and then put on some clear stilettos.

"You look sexy as hell, if I was gay.." Janelle said when I walked through her front door "Man Janelle shut the hell up" Eric yelled from the other room and I just laughed "You ready?" She nodded and we left.

When we got there Janelle and I started dancing immediately, guys were all up on us everywhere and Janelle entertained it but she knew where her heart  was.
"LETS GIVE IT UP FOR MY COLLEGE GRADUATE!" Janelle yelled and everyone in the club started cheering "AND SHE NEEDS SOME GUYS TO BUY HER A DRINK" I had a few guys buy me drinks but I was very observant this time to make sure no one slipped anything in my drink.

"You wanna hit this?" Janelle said passing me a blunt but I shook my head "not to peer pressure you but you did just graduate, let loose for a night" I bite my lip hesitant but she was right, one night couldn't hurt so I grabbed it from her and inhaled for a good few seconds but when I exhaled I felt like I was coughing my lungs out.

Janelle laughed as it felt like I was choking "Oh yeah, you finna be high as fuck" I felt my body start to tingle.

Everything around me felt delayed and almost as if I wasn't even here. The music ran through me as Janelle and I danced all night then she started to do something calling shotgunning where she blew the smoke in my mouth from hers.

They played a lot of Megan which y'all know is my shit, the night went by fast but I was having fun.

I quickly started getting sleepy after a few hours "You okay?" Janelle asked and I nodded, I was definitely tipsy, high, and sleepy.

We left shortly after and since Janelle didn't drink she drove me home. It went by fast since I was sleep for most of it "Can you get inside or do you need help?" She said as she pulled up to my place and I shook my head "I got it, thank you J"
"You don't have to thank me"
"But I want to, I love you and thank you for everything you do for me" She smiled as I got out and walked to the house.

I unlocked the door ready to fall right on the living room floor which is exactly what I did but only cause I tripped which made me laugh

"Babygirl"

When I tell y'all my soul left my body.