29.

"I'm sad to see you go but girl it's about time" I laughed as I sat at the restaurant with Janelle "I know I'm just hoping this year passes by fast" she laughed "and I know Carter's happy your stubborn ass finally decided to listen to him" I nodded "Yeah he's happy, and my brother seems to be minding his business now so everything is falling into place nicely" I looked over the table at her little baby bump "Do you know the gender?" She shook her head "You better be a girl that's all I'm saying" she said talking to her belly "but we're gonna have a gender reveal when I'm 6 months that I would love for you and your man to come" I smiled getting excited "oooh yess, I'm team boy" she looked at me with a straight face "No seriously Ayana if it's a boy everybody better be ready to pack up and leave that's all I'm saying" I shook my head laughing at her, watch it be a boy.

"Have you and Mr. Professor talked about kids?" I threw my head back and looked at her like she was crazy "excuse me? We just started dating"
"But do you want kids?" I nodded "wouldn't it be kinda pointless for you guys to continue dating and he doesn't even want kids but you do?" I thought about, I guess she was right "you might be right but i wouldn't want to bring it up until I know this is gonna work, right now with the ball he just dropped on me about him having to leave eventually...I don't even know" she nodded "That's fair" she then made a face as if she was in pain but that turned into a smile "You okay?" She nodded grabbing my hand and putting it on her belly and that's when I felt the baby kick "Does it hurt?" She nodded "sometimes but then I smile cause I know she's okay"
"Awe you said she" I smiled at her "Just trying to speak it into existence" we sat and talked for a little while longer until we were interrupted.

"Ayana" I knew that voice all too well, I turned around and there stood my mother and father. I couldn't help the shocked look on my face "Well are you gonna just stand there or give your dad a hug?" I walked over still shocked but hugged my dad "Hi dad" I looked at my mom and she had a smile on her face which was strange considering our last conversation "mom" her smile fell when she realized I wasn't going to hug her "Ayana don't be like that to your mother"
"It's okay chris, we've always been like oil and water but she knows I love her" I sighed "What are you guys doing here?"
"Well we haven't talked to you in almost 3 months, you don't call or answer the phone so we just figured we check on you" I nodded "how did you know I was here?"
"You work here don't you?" I didn't know if I should lie or tell the truth but I guess I didn't have a choice when James came over and handed me an envelope "Here's your last check, good luck" then he walked away.

I mentally groaned because I knew they were gonna have questions "Your last check ? You quit your job?" I quickly gestured to Janelle "This is my friend Janelle, Janelle these are my parents" Janelle waved and they smiled waving back "mm actually" Janelle said grabbing her stomach "Whats wrong?"
"Something doesn't feel right" She winced then moaned in pain "Ow, I think something is wrong Ayana" my heart pounded fast as I grabbed her hand and helped her out the chair "You want me to call an ambulance?" Some random guy said, I noticed now the whole restaurant was looking at us "No no, Ayana can you...." She winced again "Drive me to the hospital?" I nodded holding her hand and my dad grabbed her other hand as I lead them to my car with my mom right behind us "This is your car?" She said confused and I knew why but I just ignored her and put Janelle in the car "I'll call you guys" I said getting in the car and driving towards the hospital.

"Where are you going?" Janelle asked and I looked at her like she was crazy "The hospital duh" and she just started laughing "I'm fine" I looked at her confused "the pain is gone?"
"There was never any pain Ayana, I just thought you could use a....escape from your parents so you can get your lies in order" my mouth might as well had fell to the floor "but you can take me to my house, I'll have my man bring me back to my car later"
"Your crazy" she laughed "I think you mean thank you" I chuckled "Thank you, I don't even know why they're here"
"Parents only visit for two reasons, a family member died or they want to be nosy" I knew exactly which one it was.

I took Janelle to her place and drove back home.

Carter wasn't home yet so instead of stressing about my parents I decided to make him dinner cause I couldn't have him thinking I couldn't cook

"I know you love me, love me for who I am
'Cause years before I became who I am, baby you were my man
I know it ain't easy, easy loving me
I appreciate the love and dedication from you to me
Later on in my destiny I see myself having your child
I see myself being your wife and I see my whole future in your eyes
Thought of all my love for you, sometimes makes me wanna cry
Realize all of my blessings, I'm grateful to have you by my side"

Something about Beyoncé make you want to have your own concert wherever you are

"I am in love with you
You set me free
I can't do this thing called life without you here with me
'Cause I'm dangerously in love with you
I'll never leave
Just, just keep loving me the way I love you loving me" I sang as I cooked but that was quicky cut short when I felt hands being wrapped around my waist "AHHH GET THE FU—" I turned around and it was Carter with an amused look on his face "CARTER WHAT THE HELL?!" I pushed him and he laughed pulling me back to him "I'm sorry ma but I couldn't help it" I rolled my eyes as he kissed my lips "What's going on here?"
"I'm cooking for you if you would let me go" I said as he tightened his grip around my waist "I've missed you today, did you do what you were suppose to?" I nodded "Yes sir" he smirked then gripped my ass making me moan "No stop" I pulled away from him "I'm almost done and you're not off the hook yet" he looked at me confused "but I don't want to kill the mood with all the stuff I got going on"
"What stuff?" He said going to the fridge and getting out a bottle of wine then grabbing two glasses "Well for one, my test is in a couple days and for two.....my parents are in town"  I said the last part lowly before sipping my glass "What was the last part?!" I sighed "My parents are in town" he loosened his tie and took off his jacket "What do they want?" I shrugged
"I don't know, it's funny that pop out after I needed them but now they know I quit my job so I gotta figure out what kinda lie I have to tell now."

He just raised his eyebrows and didn't say anything leaving me feeling uncomfortable "You know Carter, I know it takes a lot for us to do this" I said gesturing between us "but if you ever wanted to...not do this anymore because of all the lies—"
" Quit while your ahead Ayana, I never gave you that impression" I sighed and nodded "Well then...hungry?" He nodded and I made his plate which was  Salisbury steak, parmesan mash potatoes, and mixed vegetables.
I knew I was a pretty good cook but my anxiety always went wild when cooking for other people so I watched him as he took his first bite "So...." He didn't say anything but his face was full of disgust then he grabbed a napkin and spit the food out. My jaw hit the floor as my heart dropped, I had no control over the tears that were about to run down my face.

"Really?" I said in shock and he looked at me and grabbed my hand "Wait I was just playing"
"No it's fine" I said moving away from him going to throw away the food "babygirl, I promise I was just playing" he said laughing "I forgot how sensitive you can be" I rolled my eyes and pushed him "Your not funny, I was already nervous to cook for you" he laughed then sat back down to eat "shouldn't be, this shit bomb" I smiled feeling relieved as he finished his plate "We'll deal with your parents but right now the only thing you need to worry about is your test Ight?" I nodded "Yes sir" he sighed "Keep playing Ayana" I laughed then walked away.

I liked moments like this where we got to laugh and joke like a normal couple even though it didn't last long...