30

I couldn't run to Carter's class room fast enough, I was so excited and I couldn't wait to share the news with him cause I knew he would be proud of me.

When I got to his classroom I just walked in cause I knew he was grading papers but what I wasn't expecting was for the dean to be there. They both snapped their necks at me and it definitely looked like I was interrupting something "Sorry, I'll come back"
"Don't bother Ms. Rose, please come in" She said, Carter looked tense but I limited my eye contact with him.

"I was just coming to tell Professor Moore that I passed my test since he gave me some encouraging words" She nodded "Well I was recently informed on some disturbing news that I wanted to ask you both about" to say I was nervous would be an understatement "Are you to having sexual relations with each other?" It was hard to keep my facial expressions neutral at this point "That's ridiculous Dean Abigail" Carter said remaining calm "As ridiculous as it may seem Mr Moore , it's something I can't ignore" I didn't know what to say, my heart was pounding so fast "You both know that student professor relationships are forbidden in my school and can result in termination for you" She said looking at Carter "and expulsion for you" She said looking at me, I felt my emotions at a all time high at just the thought of being expelled but I knew I couldn't show it.

" I can assure you Dean Abigail that our relationship is strictly student/teacher" She nodded but still didn't seem satisfied "Although that sounds good I have to take this seriously so until further noticed" she sighed "You are both suspended pending investigation" I gasped "but I just passed my test to skip a year, a opportunity that you brought to me"
"You have no evidence" Carter said "A student came forward with this information and until I speak to that student, I can't have neither of you on campus. Please grab your stuff and go and i will call you both with more questions " with that she walked out.

I couldn't hold the tears any longer as they streamed down my face "Ayana" Carter got up about to walk towards me but I put my hand out stopping him then turned around a walked out.

I had to get out of here before I exploded on everyone.

I drove home as fast as I could.

I couldn't breathe when I got inside.

I clutched my chest as the tears streamed down my face and I gasped for air "Ayana" I heard the front door close as Carter called out but I couldn't answer "Ayana" he called again then found me on the stairs "Baby breathe" he said grabbing my face but I shook my head not being able to catch my breath "Relax and breathe" He wiped my tears as I still gasp for air then he kissed me, and for that moment I forgot about everything. I leaned away from me with his hands still on both sides of my head, I took a deep breath still unable to control my tears "Carter what am I gonna do now?"
"You have to stop crying and relax" I looked at him like he was stupid "Relax?! I can't relax Carter are you fucking kidding me?! I just got suspended and you know I worked too hard to get here"
"You don't have to tell me that Ight, I know how hard you worked and I'm gonna fix it" I scoffed getting up from the stairs and walking past him

"How huh? How are you gonna fix it when this was your fault! I was perfectly fine before you came along" he looked at me confused "Fine?! Struggling between work and school is what you call fine? Being on the verge of being homeless is what you call fine? Ayana this is not my fault and you know that. I gave you a choice, I didn't put a gun to your head and force you to open your legs Ight so let's be real" I felt my body start to shake as he started to piss me off
" You took advantage of me when I was most vulnerable...I didn't ask for any of this shit Carter, you begged me to let you take care of me" I can see him starting to get mad "Don't play victim now that we're in some shit, I didn't take advantage of you and you could of walked away at anytime oh and my fucking bad for trynna make sure your straight when yo own family wouldn't" I could now hear his accent coming on thick.

"If you regret it then say that shit but don't try and blame me for something we both had a part in" he said "and what if I do Carter?"
"You regret being with me?" I shrugged "maybe if we left well enough alone then we wouldn't be in this position, at the end of the day even if I get expelled and you get fired...only one of us has a multi million dollar company to fall back on"he nodded "Well then my next decision is easy..."
"And was is that?" He walked past me "I'm going back to New York" and that's when my heart dropped, what the fuck did I just do.