47 | ʀᴇᴘᴇɴᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ

* . °•☆|•°∵ ∵°•|☆•° . *

"TAEHYUN!" Beomgyu shouted, instantly running towards the latter as he knelt by his side with a million thoughts racing through his mind. He clutched Taehyun to provide support, the boy's eyes half-closed as he winced in pain.

People who were passing gleaned in on the situation as they instantly rushed to help the two. "I'll call for the ambulance―please, hold on for a few moments," said a lady with her two kids as she fumbled for her phone.

"Thank you," Beomgyu rasped as he placed a hand over Taehyun's wound, attempting to stop blood flowing out of it. It didn't work. "Shit." Rummaging through his jacket, Beomgyu reached for something that he could use until bringing out a kerchief as he held it to the opening of the gash.

"Taehyun, please, hang in there, okay? Help is coming. Everything will be fine," Beomgyu said quickly in between heavy breaths. In the corner of his eye, he spotted the black business card Yeonjun and Jae Yi had given him on the floor. Beomgyu didn't have a choice but to hold it with his hand bloodied with Taehyun's blood. For a split second, he saw words forming. I must be hallucinating. Focus on Taehyun, Beomgyu chastised himself, keeping it inside his jacket.

Soon, a clamour of sirens could be heard as an ambulance pulled by the side of the road. Two men and two women loaded a stretcher before placing Taehyun on it as they wheeled him inside the vehicle. Beomgyu followed them.

In the ambulance, he sat there helplessly, watching them do their very best to make sure Taehyun stays conscious while all he could do is pray that he would be okay. He then reached for his phone, dialling for Yeonjun's number at once.

"Yeonjun―"

"Are you having fun?"

"Taehyun got stabbed―don't worry, we're bringing him to the hospital. I don't have much time to explain, but I'll be sure to tell you everything once this is settled. I'll send you my location. Please come here asap," he said briskly, not giving Yeonjun a chance to reply as he hung up.

"His blood pressure is dropping, so is his oxygen levels," said one of the nurses as another passed her an oxygen mask.

Please, just hang in there a little longer, Beomgyu prayed. Not realising a tear escaping the corner of his eye.

"What happened to him?" One of the nurses asked.

"He got stabbed―his attacker ran away. Thinking back, I should've run after him―"

"You did the right thing," the male nurse reassured him. "If you hadn't called us in time, he might've lost even more blood which will make matters more serious than it already is."

Beomgyu could only hope that he did, indeed, do the right thing.

Arriving at the hospital, they wheeled Taehyun past the entrance and into the emergency room.

"Please wait here," said the lady from the ambulance, stopping Beomgyu from entering.

"When will I know if he's okay?" Beomgyu asked desperately.

"We'll have to see. It should take a couple of hours, so feel free to wait here. In the meantime, I'll need you to be filling some forms out as his guardian," she continued, gesturing for Beomgyu to follow her towards the counter where he filled in his and Taehyun's details.

"We will inform you if everything goes well."

"Thank you so much," he breathed. Once the nurse walked away, Beomgyu trod towards the glass door of the emergency room, pressing his hand against it as he watched doctors and nurses tending to Taehyun.