31 | ʀᴇɪɴᴄᴀʀɴᴀᴛᴇᴅ sᴏᴜʟs

⋅•⋅∘☽☾∘⋅•⋅

reincarnation; the rebirth of a soul in another body.
/ˌriːɪnkɑːˈneɪʃ(ə)n/

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Yeonjun had disappeared from the house, not even bothering to tell Beomgyu a single word that he had left—or where he had even fled to for that matter.

Trying to find him on campus the other day was interfered with by his shit luck after being ushered out of the school by the guards for "trespassing" private property without permission. Though, it seemed as if his cousin hadn't thought thoroughly on how to cover his tracks as Beomgyu found the latter's location a few days later using the local messaging app.

Beomgyu referred to his phone, his eyes lifting off the screen as he found himself in front of an apartment. Is this where he was staying temporarily? Beomgyu asked himself, examining the building.

He checked the app once more just to be sure he was at the right place. Yep, this is it, Beomgyu sighed before making his way towards the elevator.

Shutting his eyes once he was inside, Beomgyu focused on his thoughts, drowning out any other background noises as his concentration was fixed upon seeing what had happened right where he was a few minutes ago.

Hindsight. A power he possessed that is often perceived as useless—like a rock is compared to a diamond when it comes to his other sibling's abilities: clairvoyance. He was the shadow to their shine, being cursed with a power that only allows oneself to see the past instead of the future.

But he guessed it came in handy in situations like this.

Level 16.

That is where Yeonjun is at.

Arriving at the 16th level, Beomyu walked towards the unit sitting at the very end of the hallway before ringing the doorbell.

"Coming!" A muffled voice spoke from the other side. Strange. It didn't sound like Yeonjun's, Beomgyu thought to himself.

But before he could dwell deeper into his question, the answer was right in front of him as the door swung open, revealing a brunette boy nearly his height who stood at the entrance.

Beomgyu's jaw went slack, his eyes rapidly roving over the person in front of him as a wave of shock rushed through his mind. Paralysed, he stood there.

No, no, no—there's no possible way—

"Hello? May I help you?" Taehyun said at once, breaking the latter out of his trance.

"I-I'm here to see Yeonjun," Beomgyu mumbled, not daring to look at Taehyun in the eye as he stared down to his feet.

"Hey, are you alright? You don't look too good," Taehyun reached a hand out—

"No, I'm fine—" Beomgyu gasped, recoiling back, still unable to hold Taehyun's gaze. "I just want to see Yeonjun, and I'll be on my way."

Concern gleamed in Taehyun's eyes as he instantly withdrew his hand, feeling as if he has stepped his boundaries. "I'm sorry," he apologised. "Yeonjun! Someone is looking for you!" Taehyun called out.

A few moments later, Yeonjun walked to the door. His eyes widening slightly by surprise as his gaze rested upon their unexpected guest. "Beomgyu?" He spluttered, feeling bemused yet relieved at the same time.