29 | ᴡɪsʜ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴀ sᴛᴀʀ

*. °•☆|•°∵ ∵°•|☆•°. *

In contrast to the room's bright demeanour in the afternoon, Aeri sat by her desk, her gaze fixed upon a distant memory. The light that entered the room only served to accentuate her defined cheekbones that sunk in her face— she hasn't been eating much lately.

A knock was heard, snapping her out of her daze as she looked up to see Secretary Ji entering the room.

"Did you find him?" Aeri asked desperately.

"I've tracked down Yeonjun's location. From what I have deduced, he's staying at a friend's," said Secretary Ji. She returned Aeri's gaze, her eyes almost like bores, so deprived of their usual spark and liveliness that she almost couldn't recognise her master at first glance.

"Is it—"

"No, he isn't staying at Soobin's, but rather a friend he has never spoken of before," Secretary Ji said.

"Oh," Aeri replied, her voice reducing to a whisper. Not until now had she realise how little she knows of her son.

"Shall I go get Yeonjun?"

Aeri thought about it for a moment, allowing the two sides of her mind to think through the decision she was going to make. "No," she breathed, still wondering if this was the best choice, "there will be no need for that. He left home for a reason. I'm sure he'll come back when he wants to. All I know is whether or not he's safe. With that being said, please keep a close eye on him."

"Understood," her secretary replied before leaving the room.

"Where are we going?" Soobin asked, looking out of the window. It was nearly 5 in the evening, so he'd assume that they were heading towards a place to get dinner, but it seemed as if they were going somewhere much further away.

Just 15 minutes ago, Yeonjun had shown up in front of his house and told him to get ready to head out before dragging him towards the nearest bus stop, which brings them to where they are now; on a bus, going somewhere that's not a place to eat.

"To where I promised yesterday," Yeonjun smiled. He looked out of the windows, the city buildings slowly starting to disappear from the view, "it shouldn't take too long now."

"Mhm, okay, I trust you," Soobin yawned, resting his head on Yeonjun's shoulder.

Stepping off the bus, Soobin looked around, taking in everything that was happening around him— the salty tang in the air, warm rays of the evening sun bathing the side of his face, and the distant sound of waves crashing softly.

Soobin turned around, his gaze resting upon a sunlit ocean and the golden sands further down the area. They were at the beach.

"I wanted to take you to the beach."

He shifted his gaze to Yeonjun, captivated by the scene that laid in front of them.

"Thank you," Soobin smiled, feeling as if those words were the bare minimum of everything he wanted to say; how grateful he was for Yeonjun's thorough planning and effort.

Without even thinking twice, he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's neck, bringing it close enough for him to deliver a kiss onto the side of Yeonjun's cheek.

Yeonjun's face blushed into a light shade of red as he looked over to see Soobin beaming back at him brightly. His smile is contagious as Yeonjun could feel the corner of his lips pull into a grin as well.

He brushed Soobin's bangs out of his face, his eyes glistening like stars as Yeonjun could feel his affection towards the latter blooming slowly every day. He wanted to cherish Soobin— to love him with his whole heart and to give him his all just for that smile to appear on his dainty face.

They walked over to a nearby restaurant by the beach, taking a seat outdoors, where they watched the sunset as they ate and shared conversations.

The sky bloomed into an assortment of vibrant shades from orange to coral pink and a tint of blue. Rays of light bounced off the teal blue sea as the ocean reflects its brilliant shine. The sun falls deeper, already touching the line where the sky meets the sea as it spreads its last rays.

Dusking, the coloured skies began to slowly settle into darker shades of midnight blue as the sun slipped out of view. Bit by bit, bright specks of light began to illuminate the night sky in the presence of the moon's pearlescent glow as they walked along the shore, the sound of the waves crashing therapeutic and the night breeze rustling past them.

"I remember coming out here to catch crabs when I was younger," Soobin started, a smile forming on his face as he reminisced his youth. "I haven't been to the beach in a long time."

"When was the last time you came?" Yeonjun asked, looking over to his boyfriend's face, whose gaze seems to be fixed upon a distant memory.

"Nearly a decade ago. I used to come here often with my parents, and we'd spend the entire day here. I haven't stepped foot on the beach ever since they've gone missing, afraid that I'll only miss them more when I come here," Soobin said softly.

Yeonjun held the latter's hand tighter.

"I'm sorry, perhaps coming here wasn't the best idea," Yeonjun replied, feeling slightly flustered.

"I don't mind it," Soobin reassured. "In fact, I quite enjoy it. It feels nostalgic to be able to visit the beach once again. Now, whenever I look back at the memories I made with my late parents, all I can do is smile and move on, because I'm ready to make new memories with you, right now," he continued, smiling at Yeonjun, meaning every bit of what he had just said.

Yeonjun couldn't contain his joy as he beamed back, feeling the same way. Then in the corner of his eye, he spotted a stall not too far away.

"What's that?" Soobin asked.

"I think they're selling sparklers since it's pretty popular these days to light them at night," Yeonjun said, turning around to see Soobin's eyes glistening with amusement. "You wanna buy a pack?" He chuckled, sensing his boyfriend's excitement.

Soobin nodded in response as they walked over to the stall, getting a single pack as they began to light them up. Sparks illuminated the air around them, its light scintillating with life before dying out after a few moments; momentary bliss.

They lit a few more, experimenting with it by lighting two sparklers at once, drawing shapes, and writing their names in the air.

The packet soon ran out as Soobin got up, dusting his fingers while Yeonjun went to dispose of the burnt-out sparklers as they sat on the shore, gazing towards the starry sky.

"Look!" Soobin said all of a sudden, his finger pointing towards the sky. At first, Yeonjun saw nothing, confused by what Soobin had meant. But then he saw it; a shooting star gliding across the sky as a shower of them followed after, blazing brightly in the blanket of darkness.

"Let's make a wish."

"Pfft, you believe in those?" Yeonjun asked, turning around only to see Soobin closing his eyes with his hands clasped together, already making his wish. Then, Yeonjun did the same as he shut his eyes, reciting his wish in his head.

There was a moment of silence before Soobin broke it. "So, what did you wish for?"

"I thought you knew better than to ask that," Yeonjun chuckled, ruffling his hair. "I can't tell you. Otherwise, my wish won't come true," he smiled.

"Hmm, fair enough," Soobin replied as he got up, walking ahead of them.

"Soobin,"

"Hm?" He hummed, turning around.

"Perhaps one day you'll find out what I wished for," Yeonjun smiled.