09 | ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴᴛᴏʟd

* . °•☆|•°∵ ∵°•|☆•° . *

Running out of the cafe, Soobin looked left and right—searching for Yeonjun in hopes that he hasn't gone too far. Then, in the distance, he spotted the latter as he ran after him.

But as he was walking towards him, he caught a glimpse of a hooded figure trailing after him as well.

They were following him. Alarmed, Soobin instantly reached for his phone. Should he call the police? No. Just observe the two first, it might be someone Yeonjun knows, he told himself, calming down as he followed the two from behind.

A few minutes have passed since he had followed after them. Just where was Yeonjun heading? Did he know that he was being followed? Soobin asked himself, the thought of him ringing for the police starting to resurface as he fumbled with his pocket for his phone.

But when he looked up, they were gone.

Where did he run off to now? Soobin let out a  sigh, not knowing why his hand involuntarily kept his phone back inside his pocket.

He needed to look for Yeonjun first; that was his top priority.

Soobin looked at his surroundings. He was blindly following the two that he now seemed to be lost in the middle of nowhere. It was dark, a single streetlamp barely doing its job at illuminating the place. It would take a child to know that he shouldn't be here right now- but what about Yeonjun? He can't just leave him–

The shops around him were closed and dark with no human activity present. A sudden rush of the cold wind tickled his bare face; wherever Yeonjun was, Soobin needed to find him. Fast.

Just when he was about to reach for his phone, a sudden cry echoed through the area; it was Yeonjun's voice. Soobin whirled around to the source of the sound; his eyes fixated on an alleyway.

He was sure that was where the sound was coming from.

His trembling hand clutching onto his phone, Soobin treaded into the darkness, squinting his eyes to adjust to the darkness as a pungent scent picked at his nose. The smell of rusted metal... The smell of blood.

Chills rippled down his spine.

No, you're here to find Yeonjun, remember? A voice in his head spoke as all worrying thoughts flushed out of his mind.

But it looked as if Soobin didn't need to search any further as the person he was looking for was now standing just a few feet away from him. His eyes glowing the brightest shade of red in the darkness, his face softly lit under the scarce light, his hands coated in blood.

But it wasn't his blood.

Soobin's eyes travelled to Yeonjun's feet. An unconscious person with a bloodied face laying there.

"Is he... dead...?" Soobin asked, his mind searching for the right words to speak.

"No, he's not. He just passed out," Yeonjun noted, staring at the blood on his hands.

A moment of silence fell over the two before it was penetrated by the distant shouts of strangers entering the alley. "Let's get out of here. Quick," Yeonjun acted, grabbing onto Soobin's arm as he led him out of the alley.

They were speed-walking out of wherever that place was. Walking until Soobin could see the city's bright lights from afar, the path getting much more brightly illuminated, more people coming into their view.

Yeonjun dragged him until they found themselves back in the city, away from sewer-smelling alleys and emptied shops. He sat them down on a bench, lolling his head backwards as they tried to catch their breath.

About a thousand questions were waiting to be asked in Soobin's head. He looked over to see Yeonjun, exhausted. Perhaps now wasn't the best time for asking questions.

He looked down to his wrist, a sticky sensation coating his skin— there was blood on it. Blood from the hand Yeonjun used to hold onto while they were walking out of that place. Fumbling with his bag, he took out a packet of wet wipes before passing one to Yeonjun.

"Uh, thank you," Yeonjun mumbled, wiping his bloodied hands, "what were you doing? Following me like that, it could've been dangerous."

"Pfft, I can only say the same to you," the latter chortled, "you left your phone in the cafe, so I ran after you to give it back. But then, I saw someone following you from behind and yeah—you've figured out the rest. By the way, who was that?" he continued, passing Yeonjun his phone.

"I don't know," Yeonjun muttered, lost in his own world of thoughts before the realisation had hit him; Soobin had just caught him red-handed. So much for staying under the radar. Now, all he could do is pray that he will not question him any further about this incident.

"Thanks for the wipes. I'll head home now," he said quickly as he got up—

"Now wait," Soobin interrupted.

"You're a vampire, aren't you?"

Yeonjun's feet were glued to the floor as he stood still in place. Just how did he find out? Had the memory pill not work? Or was it something else? A flurry of thoughts was racing through his head. But Soobin didn't give him time to explain.

"Tuesday night. My house, you passed out, sucked on my blood." Soobin held up his hand, displaying the healed cut. "Just now, you managed to take on a grown man. Your strengths are not possible for the average young adult, which brings me to the conclusion that you are not human," he concluded.

He's a lot smarter than I thought.

No matter how much he tried to perceive the situation, it seemed like a dead end. From the tone in his voice, Yeonjun just knew that Soobin was hell-bent on the little theory he had just deduced.

No more running away.

"That's right, I'm a vampire," Yeonjun sighed, his eyes glowing blood-red. He can't run out of this situation any longer.

"Like what you saw, I could easily kill you right now. So it's either..."

He walked towards Soobin.

"... you keep your pretty little mouth shut..."

He stopped in front of the boy.

"... or I kill you tonight..."

Yeonjun lifted Soobin's chin, making sure he was looking straight into his eyes.

"Pick one."

His face was barely a few inches away from the latter's.

"Well, you're still here talking to me. So I doubt you enjoy killing people anyway," Soobin taunted. Blood scorched Yeonjun's veins, feeling himself flare up, positive his eyes were now gleaming with the brightest shade of red.

"Don't play games with me, Choi Soobin," he seethed.

"I won't tell anyone," spoke Soobin calmly. He was much more relaxed than he had anticipated. "You can count on me to not spill a word," he smirked, implying as if Yeonjun was the one who was being wrapped around his finger right now.

Yeonjun stood there, too stunned to even come up with a retort as Soobin slithered out of his spot, getting up before walking away.

"See you tomorrow, Choi Yeonjun," he grinned.

And with that, he was gone.