07 | ʟᴜᴄɪᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

def. a lucid dream is a type of dream where the dreamer becomes aware that they are dreaming.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Kill.

Those words rang in Yeonjun's mind, like the echoes of a ghost, a ghost with the intention of not leaving him anytime soon.

But he couldn't kill Soobin—he just couldn't bring himself to.

There was this stigma of vampires being sadistic monsters who took pleasure out of killing people. But unlike that typical stereotype, Yeonjun didn't enjoy it. He didn't like it at all. To kill was a choice, not an obligation. And to Yeonjun, he'd rather avoid that choice at all cost.

Calm down, just see how things go first, he reassured himself, calming the demons in his head. Who knows? He might not even remember it.

"YEONJUNNNNN!" Hueningkai called out, instantly snapping him out of his trance, "come sit with us at the table. Perhaps we can discuss our physics papers there." He looked up to their table, Taehyun and Soobin already seated there.

"I'm sorry, but I feel like sitting alone for today," Yeonjun spoke softly, careful not to dishearten the latter. He made eye contact with Soobin, which only reaffirmed the decision of wanting to sit alone for lunch.

"Aw, okay, see you later in class then!" he said.

"Y-yeah," Yeonjun mumbled.

Taking a seat by the benches, Yeonjun lolled his head back in exhaustion, allowing the breeze to cool his warm cheeks. What Beomgyu had told him the night before lingered in his mind... how he'd have to get some blood on his hands if Soobin figures out the truth.

But that was only if he threatened to leak his secret.

"Yeonjun, are you okay?" Soobin's voice asked.

He looked up to see the latter's face shielding the sun, his eyes staring intently into his own.

"Yeonjun?"

"Huh— oh yeah, I'm fine," he mumbled as Soobin took a seat next to him.

"So, we're meeting up after school for the project, right?"

"Yep," Yeonjun replied, hiding the fact that he had totally forgotten about the project.

"My house?"

"Mhm," he hummed in response.

"Let's meet in front of the library after school, and then, we can walk to my house from there," Soobin suggested.

"Sure, see you then."

This very living room. He has been here before. Yes, the night he allowed his exhaustion to get the best of him and be carried back to a mortal's home. The night he made a grave mistake. It is now his responsibility to make sure that Soobin doesn't remember a thing.

"Would you like any drinks?" Soobin asked as Yeonjun sat down on the carpet, placing his books onto the wooden table.

"Tea would work," he replied.

"Okay!" Soobin walked into the kitchen, getting two empty cups and tea bags before filling them up with water. He then took two slices of lemon and placed them into the cup. And then, the same odd feeling of deja vu hit him once more.