24 | ᴡᴇʀᴇᴡᴏʟᴠᴇs

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

werewolf ; a person who changes for periods of time into a wolf, typically when there is a full moon.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"I don't know what is it that you're trying to pull, Jae Yi, but just fuck off while you still can," Yeonjun spat, looking at the latter dead in the eye.

"Excuse me, but who the fuck gave you the right to step in—"

"Who in the right mind gave you the permission to assault a student?" He clapped back.

"Why are you always around him? Why? Soobin here needs a prince charming?"

"To make sure douchebags like you don't ever go near him," Yeonjun seethed.

"Well, it looks as if Soobin doesn't want your help anyway," Jae Yi scoffed as he nodded to Yeonjun's left. He turned around; Soobin was already gone. "Punch me."

"What?" Yeonjun laughed at his strange request.

"You looked like you wanted to a minute ago. Why? Scared of getting into a little trouble?" Jae Yi taunted.

"I would gladly do it anytime now; just not here," Yeonjun said in a low voice with his eyebrow raised; something was off.

"Then how about we meet tonight. Here, on campus. And we settle things once and for all."

"What on earth do you mean—"

"Think about it," Jae Yi grinned before walking away, leaving Yeonjun baffled. "I'll be waiting."

The end of the school day came by. Classrooms being emptied, desks being cleared one by one as everyone left to head back home. Jae Yi left class, his home held in his hand for the past hours, constantly checking if he had received any text messages of any sort.

He took the usual route home through a pretty wide alleyway, his eyes glued to his phone screen and his feet automatically taking him through the path.

"Jae Yi," a hoarse voice called out from in front.

The student looked up to see a familiar man staring right back at him. His hooded eyes penetrated Jae Yi's, who was both amused and confused about meeting Hee Suk in a place like this; how did he even find him?

"Hee Suk," he replied, not knowing how and why the man had suddenly decided to show up. "Is there something you needed to see me for?"

"How's your progress?" The older replied, getting straight to his point.

"I think I just found out who has it. But to get to him, I'll need to get rid of a friend of his first," Jae Yi answered, unable to suppress a smirk on his face.

"Looks like the full moon will be out tonight," Hee Suk noted. "But be careful. If you aren't, the truth about your identity will be exposed," he warned.

The sound of Jae Yi's phone let out a buzz, cutting the momentary silence between the two as he read the notification. The grin on his face grew wider. "Don't worry, because I already have a plan in mind," he smiled.

"I'll leave it to you then," Hee Suk said, turning around. "Don't let me down."

And with the snap of his fingers, he vanished out of the alley. His exit gone unnoticed, just like how he had entered.

Darkness enveloped the once evening sky as the night started to settle in; streetlamps flicking on, people heading back home after a long day at work. It was exceptionally breezier tonight as the night win caressed the side of his face.

It was around 8:30 by the time Yeonjun had reached the entrance of campus. Referring to the text Jae Yi had sent earlier, it directed him to go towards Room 508.

He was still sceptical of what kind of shit Jae Yi was about to pull on him. But then again, he was a vampire after all. A vampire and a mere human. If anything, he had the upper hand, so deciding to come to meet him at school in the middle of the night would mean no harm.

Yeonjun brushed his thoughts aside as he made his way towards the 5th floor, turning to his right before seeing one of the classroom doors empty.

Room 508, the sign read outside.

He was here.

Taking a deep breath, Yeonjun stepped inside. The windows were opened wide as the wind instantly blew his hood off. Near the window, he saw the silhouette of a student, his figure darkened by the faint light coming from outside.

"About time you came," Jae Yi laughed as he approached Yeonjun.

"I'm only here to say one thing; don't you dare lay a finger on Soobin," he spoke through gritted teeth, his feet apart, ready to pounce back in case Jae Yi tried to pull something.

But instead, he stood there, giggling to himself... his laughs slowly growing louder as they resounded across the room. Chills rippled down Yeonjun's spine.

Then the laughter stopped as his eyes met Yeonjun's once more.

"Aren't you the slightest bit interested?" He whispered, circling Yeonjun like a prey caught in his trap.

"What?"

"You're a vampire after all," Jae Yi grinned.

Yeonjun's back straightened as his eyes grew wider; his breath hitched and his muscles stiff. How did he find out? Then, Yeonjun finally caught the unpleasant scent suspending in the air around his classmate.

Sweat and rancid meat.

Werewolf, he finally realised, feeling his insides twist with trepidation.

"And what? What about it?" Yeonjun finally replied, trying to compose himself and not look the slightest bit swayed.

"You're the only thing that's getting in the way of me having Soobin's blood," Jae Yi said in a low and crisp whisper. "So once I get rid of you, I'll win."

A chuckle slipped from Yeonjun's mouth by the lack of planning his classmate had. Because clearly, Jae Yi didn't know what he was up against. Yeonjun could feel his confidence flowing back, the spark igniting inside of him once more.

"And how do you plan to do that?" He challenged.

"Simple. By ruining your pretty little reputation in this school. No one will ever want to go near you again," Said Jae Yi, his tone tinted with amusement.

"Oh, we'll see about that,"  Yeonjun smirked, his eyes glowing hot-red.