Never better} 21Lee

Start from the beginning

“You acting mad bold now. Talking all that big talk huh? You think you grown na’ huh? Since you wanna talk reckless might as well pack yoh-“

“Sheyaa no! Stop both of y’all! You’re family for fucksake! Nun of y’all possed to be talking like that.” Khalif panicked turning to the taller. The situation had escalated in a way he hadn’t expected at all. This was supposed to be a calm talk about the future of their daughter. Not a family break-up.

“This- all this- its your fault.” Sheyaa accused pointing a shaky finger at Khalif. Tyquian moved in front of Khalif.

“No. It’s all your fault. If only you let me explain what happened instead of shipping me off to boarding school, then you woulda known Khalif was tryna protect me. I snuck out that night and got into some trouble. I told my friend to call him cause if I called you then you would been pissed. Everybody know how you is when you mad. Now see where we at.” Tyquian yelled jabbing a finger at his older brother’s chest several times to make a point. “It’s not his fault okay. If you wanna be mad at somebody then be mad at me. I made him come to the club that day. He fought that kid to protect me!”

“That’s enough Tyquian! Go to your room please!” Khalif pleaded scared what would happen next. Sheyaa was angry and there was no telling what his next move would be. Tyquian was pushing it challenging him.

“I’m not-“ and before Tyquian could finish that sentence, Sheyaa pushed him out of the way grabbing Khalif by the arm and speed walking out of the kitchen. Khalif yelped in surprise at the sudden action. He struggled to keep up. “Hey! Sheyaa you can’t- don’t you fucking dare! Sheyaa! Fuck!” Sheyaa had grabbed the kitchen door closing and locking it. “Sheyaa! Open this fucking door!” Tyquian started banging on the door but the man was already halfway up the stairs.

“Owh-Sheyaa stop! You’re hurting me.” Khalif cried when he missed a step stabbing his toe against it. Sheyaa grunted pulling on his arm until they got into his room. He pushed him inside then closed and locked his own door. Khalif stumbled almost losing his balance but luckily, he steadied himself on the bed. A shaky hand instantly rubbed at his arm which was sore and hurting from where Sheyaa had grabbed him. He looked down at the bruise that was starting to form. When a broken sob echoed in the room, he looked back at Sheyaa.

“Can you- can you not stare at me like that. Like I’m gon hurt you.” Sheyaa’s voice cracked then his eyes dropped to the spot Khalif was rubbing and a look of regret flashed over his features. He gulped wiping his face. “My bad. I ain’t mean to do that. I just-“ he stopped sending a punch to the wall. Khalif whimpered jumping a bit. Sheyaa moved to stand in front of him. He moved back when the taller tried to grab his shoulders. Sheyaa clenched his jaw retracting his hands. “I need answers Khalif and you taking yoh sweet time giving em to me. I’m so confused right now ion know what to feel.” He sniffed licking his lips a serious look on his face. “I’mma need you to start talking right now for  I do something crazy, okay?” he levelled his voice.

“Okay.” Khalif nodded. “You gotta calmed down and listen first.”

“Okay.” Sheyaa relented taking in a deep breath trying to physically stop himself from spazzing out more than he already had. 

“Before we start go and let Tyquian out. He’s panicking probably thinking your going to hurt me.” Sheyaa was about to protest. “Please…” Sheyaa huffed hesitating. “Or let me do it- yeah its better if I do it.” Khalif mumbled the last part to himself. There was a crash from downstairs. “Sheyaaa.” Khalif whined.

“Fine. Let’s go.”

“No. stay here. Let me talk to him alone.” Khalif walked up to the door but Sheyaa blocked his path. “I’m coming back. I promise.” He assured. They stared each other down. Another crash reached their ears. Sheyaa sighed stepping out of the way. Khalif unlocked the door rushing out and down the stairs. The crashing was coming from the kitchen and it sounded like glass. “Ty? What’s going on in there?” Khalif leaned against the door. The noise and yelling stopped.