Chapter 20 : The Big Day

The wedding reception was full, but the ceremony was late. The bride went missing, so were several bridesmaids. Kelly and her husband has been calling their daughters all morning, they all seemed to vanish into thin air.

The guests began to grow impatient too, some guessing the bride hasn't finished her makeup, others rumored that she got cold feet. Maddie watched the groom looking sad, went over and patted him on the arm.

"Don't worry. She'll be here." she said. "I danced with her for years. She's not the kind who would run away."

Just then, her phone rang. Maddie quickly picked up and answered.

"Maddie? Can you hear me?" Paige yelled under a roaring background.

"Paige! Where are you? Where's Brooke??"

Hearing her talking on the phone, the mothers all rushed to her.

"Do you have all our dresses?" Paige asked.

"What?" Maddie confused.

"Do-You-Have-All-Our-Dresses?" Paige repeated word by word.

"They are in the dress area. Where are you guys? Everyone's waiting!"

"Get them out and ready! We're gonna need a rush dress-up!"

"Where are you??" Maddie asked again.

"We're coming around! Get our dresses ready!!"

Confused, Maddie looking right and left, then she hear a motoring roar. A Bugatti spun into the hotel's garden, went around the ring pool and pulled up at the bridge. The door raised like an aircraft, with Kendall, Paige and Chloe jumped out.

"Where're the dresses?" Paige asked in a hurry.

"They... they're back there!" Maddie pointed at a backdrop.

"We need them NOW!!"

"Where's Brooke?" Dima and the parents came up.

"She's coming!"

All the girls ran behind the backdrop, leaving the Severskys and the Hylands confused. Kelly looked up the sky, praying that nothing goes wrong on her daughter's wedding day, and then her eyes spotted something in the air.

"NO!!" she blinked.

High up the sky, Brooke put herself at the edge of the door.

"Are you sure you're not coming?" she yelled back under the strong wind.

"Who's gonna land this plane?" Morris shouted from the cockpit.

"Promise to join us later?"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world!!"

Next to her, JoJo gave the thumbs up signal, they both leaped into the open air.

From the ground, jaws dropped as all guests watched the bride jumped out of a twin engine cargo plane, deployed their parachutes and floating slowly.

The ALDC girls rushed out to the open, carrying wedding dresses and shoes in their hands, chasing after the descending parachutes.

Brooke looked down and spotted her future husband, looking up at her with admiring eyes.

"Screw this!"

She pulled the release handle, detached from her parachute and dropped thirty feet on a tent, broke her fall through the fabric roof and landed on her feet.

Her teammates ran up, forming a wall around her, with busy hands helping the bride to dress. Years of last-minute performances trained their coordination swift and smooth. Minutes later they ungrouped, revealing an almost presentable bride.

They walked down the aisle in a single file, with Brooke leading the bridesmaids, gracefully approaching the gazebo. Behind her, Chloe almost broke out, but maintained her grace as she spotted the Glass Slippers that Brooke was walking on.

Maddie must have brought them by mistake! she thought.

The diamond slippers fitted Brooke perfectly, sparkling as she walked, just like how the fairytale described.

Fit the shoes, marry the prince! She smiled thinking.

Brooke made it to the center stage, stood in front of her soon-to-be husband. Dima dressed ever so handsome, looking at her with those admiring eyes.

"Brooke." Dima smiled, running a finger to put her hair in place. "You always seem to amaze me!"