Chapter 9 : Reunion

Brooke has invited Abby, Gianna and the Elite Team to her wedding, but the devoted Ms. Abby politely declined due to another competition with the Minis, which tied Mackenzie and her mother Melissa. Those who could come were Kendall and Nia who did not have to participate in the competition, with Chloe and Maddie who were no longer with the team.

Again, JoJo couldn't pass the opportunity to show off her wealth, booked a charter flight for all the guests from the State. And to prevent what happened to the Hyland family, she has also borrowed a security team from her father to ensure a smooth arrival.

"Is it normal to have so many soldiers guarding at the airport?" Mr. Hyland asked, looking out the window as the plane was taxiing.

"Not since the Cold War." Morris studied the armored trucks riding along their side. "And these aren't ordinary soldiers. They're Spetsnaz by the way they keep their guns, and they are carrying the new Kalashnikovs, not even the Russian Army has them yet!"

"I'm sorry, who did you say you were again?" Mr. Hyland puzzled at the man sitting next to him.

"He's one of the hostages from that school incident." Jill interrupted from across the aisle. "My little Kendall rescued him and a whole dozen people from terrorist!"

"Is that right!" Morris turned and glared at her. "You must be very proud!"

"Of course! My little Kendall has just won her new solo at the Nationals!" said Jill proudly, completely missing the sarcasm.

The small commercial plane taxied into a hanger, where Slava and the customs officers were already standing by. Morris waited until everyone has got off the plane, picked up the aluminum case and made his way out.

"Are all these security for me?" Morris looked around the heavy guards.

"Don't get over your head. They are for the guests." Slava explained the Hyland's attack.

"Sounds like the welcoming party they've wanted." Morris smirked.

"And is this what I think it is?" Slava nodded at the aluminum suitcase in his hand.

"That's right. The Talon Courier Service, most reliable delivery besides FedEx!"

Morris dropped the case before Slava's feet, but she wasn't impressed, studying the case with doubtful eyes.

"Eight digit code, fingerprint recognition, and a self-destruct device personally designed by Paige Hyland." Morris introduced.

Slava tiptoed and leaned up to Morris, as if to kiss him.

"It's a decoy, isn't it?" she whispered to his ear.

"Of course it is." Morris smirked.

"When can I try the real thing?"

"They won't fit you." Morris smiled.

"Well." Slava returned to her feet. "Wherever you're keeping it, you'll have to hold on to it for a few more days. The receiving end has put up some kind of delay."

"What kind of delay?"

"The Russian kind." which usually means mafia trouble.

A bus brought them to the Seversky Hotel, on the way they caught up old times. Slava explained her present position working for Mikhail Siwanov, and Morris told her his boring tasks in Orion.

At the Seversky Hotel, Kelly Hyland and her younger daughter were waiting at the entrance, hugging and greeting the arrival like old friends.

"Morris? What are you doing here??" Paige poked the big man in the chest.

"Don't tell anyone, but your mom hired me on a secret mission to break your sister's marriage." Morris joked in his usual grump.

"Where's Brooke?" Chloe and Kendall looked around.

"They're looking at houses."

"They're going to buy a house??" Mr. Hyland interrupt, his face starting to sweat.

"Relax, Dad!" Paige patted on her father's chest. "They're looking at their houses. Dima's parents have houses from here to St. Petersburg. You just focus on your 30 years mortgage!"

"Please don't remind me." her father replied sadly.

Hearing the housing, Jill dragged her daughter into the conversation.

"Paige? Does this Dima boy has a younger brother or relative?"

"Mom!" Kendall tugged her mother in embarrassment.

"I think he has a dog named Hollywood. Ms. Abby might be happy to know that!" Paige said, everyone burst out laughing, Jill failed to make the connection.