Chapter 13. A hot, sweaty wedding...

Elesia.

I take it back.

Board meetings aren't the only cause of dying from suffocation due to high tension in the air.

The only sound echoing is the clatter of cutlery and the occasional breathy laughter of Iier.

How can he laugh or even smile at a time like this?

He has lost his bloody mind!

I might sit here and pretend to be even a tad bit intimated but inside, I am freaking out.

Let me give you a small run down on the Ahades siblings.

Zeus – The eldest of the three. His mind is like a labyrinth. You would never know what goes inside unless you know how to decipher his actions. He's ruthless. You don't want to mess with him. He has the power and he will use it if needed. All in all, he's an idiot.

Sobek – The middle man. He won't side with anyone. Will help anyone, has a warm smile but don't let that fool you. He is worse than his brother. Zeus might be all muscles no brain most of the time but Sobek has only one thing, his brain. He will gladly give up his siblings for a place at ADEPT.

Venus – The youngest. She is, how do I explain it. Imagine the most beautiful woman, then imagine the most hideous person. She's like that. A goddess in appearance but with the most vile soul you can imagine. She is just like Gaea from Percy Jackson.

All in all, they are the worst triplets to ever grace earth.

The only person worse than them was their father, after all, it takes a monster to raise monsters.

"So, Elesia, how is E.T.H.I.W.? I hear there's quite a ruckus going on."

The question was asked at a rather crucial time. It didn't faze me.

It was expected. One more thing about Zeus Ahades, he can't stay quiet for too long. It's quite fascinating how he managed to keep his mouth shut for more than 3 hours.

I do have to say, this was the world's most awkward 5 course dinner.

"As you heard, it is in shackles. But it isn't something I can't quite handle. I am Elesia Heart, there isn't anything I won't be able to administer."

"You are just like your mother, aren't you? Calli really has a fierce personality." A feminine voice this time, spoke aloud.

As I raised my head to look at her, my heart stopped pounding. Her eyes were...

Her eyes were empty.

There wasn't anything. Any humane emotion, it was as if any emotion ever resided in her soul.

Eyes are the window to the soul.

That's bullshit. But this time around, it is the only thing that makes sense.

"Venus, stop scaring the child. She must miss her mother. Anyways, I heard there's a wedding soon. When is it?" Sobek Ahades opened his mouth this time around.

"Yes, it is true. The wedding is this summer. We want it to be something worth remembering. A summer wedding sounded promising."

Summer wedding?

We decided a summer wedding?
I can't even think why an individual in their right mind would go for a hot, sweaty wedding!

Iier really has lost his mind.

His answer started another round of silence.

Now, let me tell you something. From 11:30, right after the chefs left, the things that happened were bizarre. No, that isn't the right word.

It was interesting.

"So, Zeus. It is still weird calling you that. We've known each other for more than 20 years, but still, I just can't do it right." Dan said.

"It isn't a problem, Daniel. Well, I know you people are busy with the wedding, I don't think you heard it. Jason King is dead."

The silence this time around was broken by the chiming of the bell at midnight.

"Faith, who is at the door?" asked Rose.
"This person says his name is Jared King. He is with the Ahades, Mrs. Storm." Answered a robotic voice.

An AI. I see.

A simple 'let him in' was all it needed for Faith to escort Jared King to where we were.

"You are late, Jared." Said the whiny voice of Venus.

I only heard her speak twice by now and I don't like her.

The way she was eying Iier when he wasn't looking or was too immersed in his thoughts, it wasn't a bit holy.

And now why am I bringing god in to this?

Iier is making me crazy!

"I know, I am sorry. Anyways, folks, it's nice to meet you. I am Jared King."

"And I am going to be your assassin for the evening."

Cast.

Haung Zitao as Jared King

Hey guys!

Chapter 13 is up!

Hope you guys like it!

Anyways, what do you think of the Ahades and Jared?

Let me know in the comments.

Vote, comment and share.