Chapter 11. Do you smoke weed?

Iier.

"I'm Lawyer Vincenzo Cassano." He said as he held out his hand.

I shook it. It was only natural to do so.

As I looked around the penthouse, one thought circulated my brain.

Why did El pick our place instead of this?

Sara told us to sit down and she started talking. She told me so much about Elesia. How she is, was, what she liked, what she did when she was little. 

I never thought I could smile as much as I did.

All the crazy stories about her childhood, how she once climbed and failed to come back down. Vincenzo and Apollo had to get her down. And while doing so, they fractured their arms or legs.

Those childhood photos, she aged too fast. She seems so mature now.

Hearing all her stories, I didn't even realize how fast time flew by. It was already past 6:30 pm.

I knew when you are in to something too much, you don't have the sense of anything else. But how come time is the only thing the has the control to go by unnoticed?

People barely notice newcomers but you will notice a person's absence.

So how come no one notices when time passes by?

I was so engrossed in my thoughts, I failed to realize when the Storms came or when Elesia left.

Was it supposed to be like that?

When Vincenzo told me to take a shower, I didn't hesitate. I just wanted to be hidden. Alone.

I wanted to hide from the world, the people in it and myself.

I don't want to stand in front of a mirror and watch as the light in the world around me diminishes little by little. Until there was only me standing in a barren land surrounded by darkness.

I anticipated it. I waited. But ever since I met her, the light doesn't seem to dim.

It just seems to brighten.

Day by day.

After all it is true then. I wanted so hard to prove him wrong.

Familiarity only makes us confused.

"Hey buddy. How long are you gonna be inside there? It's been an hour. Iier?" I heard Vincenzo call out.

"I am coming. Could you please get me some clothes?" I hollered.

As I stepped out, there he was. He seemed to be everywhere. Why can't I get him out of my head?

I can't go any longer living like this.

"Hey, here's the clothes. I'll be outside. Let me know when you're finished."

Vincenzo stepped out.

Five minutes later we were standing, facing each other.

Vincenzo was the first one to speak. "Do you smoke weed? What were you doing inside for so long?"

"No, I just lost track of time. And I don't smoke weed. Or any drugs for that matter. Is Elesia done yet?" I asked.

"No, she isn't. Iier, is that even you?" He spoke.

Whenever he opened his mouth, a puzzle piece came out.

Fell down.

People say, if you fall, I will catch you. If you fall, I will be there waiting for you.