Chapter 3. She's Aphrodite just minus the crazy family

Iier

Iier.

One week.

One long week.

That's how long he had last seen Elesia.

They lived in the same place, same floor, next door neighbor and yet, he couldn't even get one glimpse of the so-called girl.

Already eighteen, high school graduate.

Impossible.

One look at that girl, you can certainly say she isn't a day over her sweet sixteen.

Sweet?

Hell no. She is anything but sweet.

If she was sweet, as she tends to be, she won't last a day as the CEO.

And she lasted three months.

She's something else entirely.

She is more like my mom than I am.

How?

"Man, Iier? Are you here? C'mon, dude! Stop thinking 'bout Elesia so much. You're going to get creases on that beautiful face of yours. We wouldn't want the love of your life to run away with you looking like an eighty year old, now would we?" Edden snickered.

I don't even know why he's my best friend.

Actually, we never discussed this. 

Him being my best friend. 

And me being his.

It just happened.

"Ed, who said I was thinking bout Elesia?" I asked, annoyed.

This is getting out of hand. It's like he knows what goes in my head.

And, she's consuming too much of my time being in my head.

"C'mon, we both know you fell in love the moment you saw her that day! In the City of Sin!" He sang like a little kid, turning heads, in the crazy hallway full of teenagers making out, jocks bullying a freshman in a corner, people circulating another rumor.

The regular thing every teenager does.

But that doesn't stop me from questioning their sanity.

Don't they have lives. Always poking their bitchy little noses in others' business.

"What do you mean he fell in love? He can't fall in love again! He's already in love with me!"

Palestine Waters.

She's the self-proclaimed love of my life.

Apparently.

For a more appropriate introduction, the queen bee of Masterson High.