Chapter 5. Did you ever feel the sparks?

Elesia.

"He will be okay right?" Rose asked for the third time.

Hurt. Head. Surgery. Hospital. Questions.

Iier.

"Yes madam, he'll be okay. He'll be up in a few hours anyways. Please don't worry." The doctor said and left the room.

"Love, Elesia, will you be okay?" Rose voiced out her concerns. Anxiously waiting for my answer.

So was Daniel. Looking at their faces, guilt is the only thing I can feel.

I endangered their son, who is lying here in a hospital bed and yet they worry about me?

If only, if only it was me instead of him.

Lying there, looking pale with a bandage round my head.

If it was me.

"Yes, I'm fine. Thank you for your concern Rose and Dan." I said.

After that, the room grew quieter than an exam hall. Like when people are taking tests, they sometimes try to cheat and there are teachers, clashing of pen on paper, mumbled swearing and the feeling of teachers' breathing down your neck.

But here, this room, it was like everyone was lost in their thoughts. Lost so much that none of us noticed the time speed up to 5 o' clock.

3 hours.

He still didn't wake up.

I will treat him ice cream as soon as he wakes up! And I'll take him to Disneyland and cook all his favorite food.

Just let him wake up. If something happens to him, I couldn't possibly live with the guilt.

And to say I don't even know him.

First thing when he wakes is I'll befriend him.

Yes, that's what I will do.

I'll be the best of the best of the bes-

"Love could you please come with me?" Dan said. He more like ordered.

"Sure, Rose, if he wakes up could you please let us know." I said before joining her husband on the balcony in the top floor.

"You and I both know what you said to police is not the truth. Now, tell me the real thing. And Sia, no more lying." Dan stated.

Looks like I do have to say everything.

But that doesn't mean I have to say the truth untold.

"Those men who attacked us, they were sent there to take me in. Dead or alive. And there were nine of them as they know I'm capable to kick their asses without breaking in to a single sweat. But they didn't expect Edden or Iier. One of them got a call saying Iier was your son, so they retreated. I overheard them. They were sent by Jason King. The person who abducted my family. And I need your help to bring him down." I said.

"I see. I'm curious, Love. I'm not going to ask how you came to know who abducted your family as I've come to realize you have more knowledge than you intend to let on. Not only in this situation but in general, you have perceived the world around you, the details it contains, its facts and the advice you got into one. It's impressive, really. I'm proud of you, kid." Daniel told and gave me that fatherly smile I wished that my dad would've given me on my accension to ETIHW.

"You know, your wife, she's something else." I conversed as the silence was getting too unbearable.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. And that's precisely what drew me to her. She's something else." Dan replied, smiling like a fool in love.