"You won Hal!" I cheered, leaning down to hug her. "You won!"

"Yeah." She chuckled, putting her hand over her mouth, until finally the realisation hit her. "Oh my god, I won?!"

"Halle! Fucking hell!" Mick cheered, taking her hands and pulling her up. "Get up there Halle! You won!"

She laughed, still totally shocked with her hand over her mouth as she stood up. She walked up to the stage on her own, continuously looking back over to us with a smile on her face, so we all stood there holding our thumbs up like proud family members.

I guess in some way we are a family, and sure Halle hasn't been part of it long, but time means nothing in terms of relationships. I've often found the people I've known for shorter periods of time have been ten times kinder than the friends I've had since I was five. Time doesn't mean shit.

She accepted the award and we could all see her hands were shaking, but the presenter gave her a hug and I could see her telling Halle to relax which made me laugh. She stepped up to the mic, glancing around the room in disbelief as to how many people there actually are when you're up there.

"Thank you so much for this. I was not expecting that and wow, it means the world to me. I'm so grateful, so beyond grateful." She said, looking at the trophy in her hands with the widest, most genuine smile on her face.

"There's so many people I could thank but they all know who they are. So I'm gonna just say a massive thank you to my dad and my sister Ellen for believing me, and listening to me play every single song I've written since I was five. Even the ones that sounded like rubbish, they listened and told me they were incredible and if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be here. Thank you to everyone who voted for me and I love you all."

Halle waved to the audience, trying to search for her family in the darkness as she did so. Hearing her speech about them brought a smile to everyone's face. To be honest, I don't think anybody stopped smiling the second they saw halles reaction to winning that award. She didn't even realise she had won until twenty seconds after we all started cheering for her.

She deserves it. The amount of work she puts into her music is crazy and to manage to breakthrough so quickly at just twenty one years of age is incredible.

Mick stood up to go and find her, considering she's probably freaking out backstage right now. I'd have loved to go, but I don't exactly have a reason to go see her right now, and I don't know why I feel like I should.

There's something weird that just draws me to her. It's the way she presents herself and acts towards other people that I find so captivating. I always find myself looking for her in all the rooms I walk into, and wondering what she's doing when I'm not there. I hate it, it's so frustrating when I catch myself thinking about her because I don't know why I'm so hung up on her.

The next category was the awards for singles, meaning Halle and I have a chance going up on that stage again for another award in the next few minutes. They're starting off with single of the year, which is difficult because it takes in every genre and every gender, meaning the competition is more fierce. 'Only Angel' has a shot, but I'm not as confident as I could be.

Halle didn't return by the time the nominees were read out, and that confirmed she was probably freaking out backstage. I don't blame her, she's never won an award before, and her first award being an AMA is wild.

"Harry Styles with his single Only Angel."

Again, the adrenaline surged up my spine filling me with excitement and causing the whole moment to blur. These moments always do feel like a blur, I wake up the next day wishing I could remember them properly, but the adrenaline and the excitement always cloud them over and it feels like I'm watching it from an outsider's point of view.