Sam squeezed my shoulders in excitement, shouting 'well done' over and over again. Before heading to the stage, I gave Halle a hug, and then Mick, and then whoever was sitting next to Mick. Halle's face was one of pure happiness. It's as if she has won her own award and the fact she was happy over me winning, and it really goes to show the type of person she is.

Walking up to the stage felt like it was happening in slow motion. Everyone I passed was standing on their feet clapping, smiling at me as I passed and despite experiencing this several times in my life, each time feels like the first.

Glen Campbell places the award into my hand after shaking my hand and congratulating me, and even the prospect of being presented an award by Glen Campbell feels odd to me. Regardless, I stood up to the microphone and waited for silence.

"Thank you very much for this. To win this award two years in a row is an absolute honour and I wouldn't be up here without the help of my team and all the fans. Massive thank you to my manager Sam, and to Sarah, Mitch and Adam who I genuinely wouldn't be here without." I smile, waving over to the band who are all cheering.

"I'll keep it short, but I'm honoured to be here so thank you to everyone who contributed to me getting this award for the second year in a row, and I hope you all enjoy your evening."

I waved to the crowd and headed off stage again, into the wings to go and sort out whatever I need to do now. I couldn't keep the smile off of my face, not at all. These moments never grow old and you never do get used to the feeling of being up ther accepting an award.

Heading back to the table, they all stood up to congratulate me and I gave everyone a hug, including Halle. She kept smiling at me and congratulating me over and over again, and if the girl I've been friends with for two and a half weeks can be more friendly with me than my own manager, then that says a lot.

Sam was happy for me, of course he was, but he's more happy the person he manages has won an award. He likes the ego boost a lot more than he likes to see me succeed.

Sitting down at the table next to Halle, she passed me a glass of champagne with a smirk, and of course I accepted. Somebody else walked on stage to collect their country music award, and we sat back watching the show waiting for another one of our categories to come up.

Halle was good Company, cheering for everyone who won because she's got such a good soul, and she's just that type of person. Her face never dropped from it's typical smile once, and I think she was genuinely happy to see everybody win their awards.

The best upcoming male award came round, and the winner was a young singer I've never heard of, but Halle looked happy for him so my guess is that she knows who he is. There was another guy in that category who is signed to the same label as us, but he didn't win unfortunately. I didn't even know he was on our label until Mick said so.

Then the best upcoming female award came, and everyone looked at Halle as if she was about to win her first AMA. I could see the amount of anxiety she was feeling, I could tell by her facial expression alone. The presenter read out her n are and we all cheered, clapping for her and gave her the loudest cheer anybody in that category had.

Under the table her hands were trembling and fidgeting wi5h the material of her dress, so I placed my hand over the top, my eyes still fixed on the stage waiting for the winner to be announced. Halle looked confused, but her hands stopped trembling and she finally took a deep breath.

"The winner is..." The lady said, opening the envelope so slowly which had us all sitting on the edge of our seats. "Halle Henry."

I jumped to my feet with my hands in the air, followed by the rest of the table as we roared out in excitement. Halle stayed sitting trying to wrap her head around the fact she has just won her first award and trying to get over the total state of shock she's in.