"I'm sorry, but whould you care to explain what the hell was that dad? The thing mom has said?" She desperately needs an answer. She too felt nervous. Her heart's seemed to rip open her ribcage.

"Watch your mouth young lady." Her father scolded her once again.

Binaba niya ang ulo at humingi ulit ng pasensiya, sabay balik sa pagkakaupo.

Her mother again reached for her hand and held it tightly. Tumango din ito sa daddy niya.

"Michelle, more than a week ago, your abuela's nurse called us that your nana's condition has worsen. Okay naman daw yung mga test and laboratory results niya but nanghihina daw talaga si Mama. The nurse added na hindi ang sakit niya sa puso iyong nagpapahina sa kanya ngayon but rather yung pangungulila niya sa atin, namimiss niya daw tayo more so kayo ni Beatriz." Her father explained, looking tenderly at his daughter. Napabuka ang bibig ni Dennise sa narinig pero walang salita na namutawi mula dito.

"That's true hija. Madalas daw nagkukulong nalang sa kwarto niya ang nana niyo sabi ni Rose. Depressed yata siya." Sinigundahan ng mommy niya ang sinabi ng kanyang ama.

"Paano niya po iyon nasabi? I got to talk to nana everytime I got the chance but never niya sinabi na she wanted me and Bea to went home and be with her. Yeah, naglalambing siya. She often times says she misses us but..."

"Hindi niya directly masabi na gusto niyang magbakasyon kayo roon even for a short period of time lang, alam niyo at kilala niyo ang abuela niyo. Ayaw noon na nagpapabigat satin. Iniisip niya parin iyong trabaho natin and the company. So your mom and I decided na you and Bea will accompany your abuela muna doon sa hacienda." Her father cut her off.

"How about my work dad? I have to be here for the completion of my project and the clients I need to meet nga diba?" She tried to reason out once more. Hindi sa ayaw niyang makasama ang abuela niya doon sa Negros pero importante kasi iyong meeting na iyon with the potential client.

"I will personally talk to that foreign client of yours Michelle. Kaya ko naman siguro iyong maconvince into working with us? Please, I'm telling you your nana needs us/you much more compared to our company needing that international client." Looks like her father is really desperate. Afterall it is her mother's heath and welfare that should be coming first before anything else.

"Your dad has a point Den, mas importante ang nana niyo kesa sa kahit sinong client pa, or sa kahit gaanong kalaking pera. Take this as a way para narin maka-pagrelax ka. For the past six or seven years puro ka trabaho. Your job has been your top priority. Hindi ka manlang nakapag-enjoy or nakapagbakasyon manlang. Look at you, you're still single at the age of twenty-eight." Pagbibiro ng ina niya.

Napangiti naman ang ama niya doon. Habang isang nakakalokong ngiti rin ang naglalaro sa labi ng kanyang nakababatang kapatid.

"Single my ass dad! Kung alam niyo lang!" Bulong pa ni Bea na narinig naman ni Dennise.

Inirapan niya tuloy ang kapatid dahil doon.

"But my work and credibility dad, that's what at stake here. Imagine the posibilities if ever we put that international project on the bag? That would be huge for the firm and for me." She sounded too desperate and selfish but this is an eminent career oppurtunity for her.

"I'm giving you my word Michelle we could book that client." Her father confidently said while looking at her.

"It is I whom they wanted to do the presentation and not the President slash CEO of the firm. Dad? It is me not you whose gonna do the presentation!" She persisted.

"Okay let's make an agreement Michelle. But first tell me when will that presentation be?" Her father is trying to come up with a win win scenario for the both of them.