tsukishima continued walking, while kageyama walked away, approaching asahi who wanted to practice spiking.

the two seniors, sugawara and daichi just looked on worriedly. there was obvious tension between the two first years, and they both heard the familiar surname of a basketball athlete that seemed to be a constant topic in their everyday conversations.

"tsukishima said 'seinaru', right?" daichi asked in mild disbelief. "it wasn't just me?"

"mhm." sugawara hummed. "i only heard her name too, so i didn't quite get what they were talking about. i wonder why it got kageyama so riled up though.."

"huh? why were they talking about shekinah-senpai?" hinata asked his seniors after overhearing their conversation, now wearing his volleyball shoes that kiyoko had just delivered.

"ah, we honestly have no idea." sugawara scratched the back of his head.

the ginger had a small plastic bag in his hands, and the two seniors took notice of it.

"woah, what's that?" sugawara pointed at the bag. "we're not allowed to have snacks during games."

hinata finally remembered why he approached the small group in the first place, "oh!"

"kiyoko-san asked me to give this to kageyama." hinata told them.

before the seniors could cry at the fact that kiyoko had taken interest in a kouhai, the ginger continued. "she said it's from shekinah-senpai."

tsukishima, who was now walking towards the net passed by them, heard the girl's name, and frowned.

so kageyama was also getting special treatment from her today. way to make him feel special.

he tsk'ed, and it didn't go unnoticed by his best friend who was at the scene as well.

yamaguchi, who was standing next to the ginger looked on in curiosity as tsukki passed by and gave them the cold shoulder. he had never seen tsukki get riled up by.. a mere mention of a girl, and neither has he ever heard tsukki talk about the olympic athlete other than when they were with the team one evening and they saw seinaru walk out of her house to apparently go to some type of sleepover. so, seeing him like this and overhearing his senpais say that they'd heard the blonde utter the girl's name came as a shock to him.

"i'll go ahead and hand this over to kageyama." sugawara offered, taking the bag from hinata who nodded gratefully at him.

he then looked at the two juniors, "you guys go ahead and make the most of this time to warm up, 'kay? we've got five minutes left."

the two nodded eagerly.

but yamaguchi was still wondering why on earth his best friend was pissed off at the mention of the girl giving kageyama some snacks, and why he even said the olympic athlete's name.

and hinata..

hinata was grinning to himself, because hearing about kageyama getting riled up because of tsukishima saying his senior, seinaru's name proved his theory right.

he looked at his palm with a grin and bubbled out a small laugh. "got ya', bakageyama."

as he went over to ask nishinoya for a set- since kageyama was too busy eating something shekinah-senpai had given him—, his eyes suddenly caught sight of a familiar face structure from the stands where the japan national women's youth basketball team was seated. he saw a girl with long, wavy white hair, an all-white outfit, and a mask covered the entirety of her face.

his eyes narrowed.

she looks very familiar.

at the corner of his eye, he saw tsukishima eyeing the same girl.