Chapter 20.

....that same day.
Cairo

" Now would look what we have here. The two freak niks."

I turned my head fully, seeing who was there. My annoying and trifling ass brother, Caleb. He stood looking at Ivy and I, looking pretty hard. I could tell it was making Ivory very uncomfortable.

" What's happening brother? It's nice to finally see you in person again. I mean, last time I saw you was what, two years ago?" Caleb says. A smirk grew on his face as I stayed silent, not knowing what to say to him exactly.

" And Ivory...girl, you sure do look good. Still not looking a day over 25. Sheesh."

" It's good to see you Caleb." Ivory says. I look at her like she was crazy, acknowledging his ass. It wasn't good to see his ass--- it was the last thing I wanted to do. But I could tell that she was just trying polite, and that was something that she was just in her nature.

My brother continue to speak, specifically to Ivory. I sat and stayed quiet, just observing my brother. There was negative energy in him, I just felt it. On top of that, he was starting to say some shady shit that Ivory was bypassing— but it wasn't flying with me.

" Ivy. Let's uh, check on moms and Amira." I say, taking her hand in mine.

" Oh, what's the hang up for now bruh? I can't talk to the cougar now?"

" The cougar? I see you must want yo ass whooped right now? Is that right? Cause you being real disrespectful right now." I say, my voice raising. Ivory patted my hand, signaling for me to just let it go— but I couldn't. My limit was up with him. My mom came in with Amira, and she saw how hot I was too. I had some words for her too, but I was gonna save that for later.

" Disrespectful? The only thing that's disrespectful is you tryna get freaky with your girl in ya mom's house! Who raised you?"

" The same person that raised your dusty ass!" I say, feeling my anger taking over.

" Hey! Cut it out, the both of you!" my mom says, stepping in between the both of us. " This all just needs to stop now. You all sound like little kids with all this back and forth aruging!"

" Aye, I ain't the one that got caught up in the damn kitchen...tryna make a part two to that viral sex tape."

My mom gasped, shocked to hear the words come from Caleb's mouth. I clenched my jaw, seeing Ivory's face, as it was filled with embarrassment. I didn't like seeing her like that, at all. Hell, her being like that it made want to kick Caleb's ass even more, especially with that dumb ass smirk he had on his face.

However, I held my emotions together like usual and stayed composed, simply because my daughter was here. I realized that all Caleb really wanted was a reaction out of me anyway. But he wasn't gonna get it...not today. And he had Ivory and Amira to thank for that.

" Let's go." I say to Ivory. I took Amira from my mother, and we all headed out of the kitchen and toward the front door.

" Damn, can I meet my niece at least?" I heard Caleb say, but ignored him. My mom was trotting behind us all, trying to get me to stop and stay. But I wasn't listening to her. She knew that I didn't want that nigga around, and still— he was present.