Chapter 12.

the morning after... | 11:30 a.m.
Ivory

I woke up with the morning's light hitting me face

I woke up with the morning's light hitting me face. I looked around, trying to figure out my surroundings. I realized it eventually, as I started to remember everything that went on last night— going to club, hearing that Aretha song, going crazy on the Gin. It all came back to me.

But I was shocked when I saw Damon on the other side of the bed, being in a deep sounding sleep. I started to panic, trying to think of all that happened after the club. I know I didn't sleep with this man....at least I hope I didn't. Damn it, this is why I never like to get drunk.

I got up from the bed and grabbed my phone, hearing it ring over and over. I saw all types of notifications— ranging from emails all the way to messages. I had about 20 missed calls and over 50 messages from Cairo, which made me feel super bad. I mean, it could've been an emergency....or better yet, it could've been something with Amira.

I hadn't even realized what time it was....but it was too late for my liking. I had to get out of here, and I knew the drive back to Calabasas was gonna be a lot, cause traffic around noon was no joke in California.

——

April 23rd, 2018. | Inglewood, California.
Cairo

"...Get high, get high, get high, get high, get high"

"...Westside, westside, westside, westside, westside"

"AND CUT!!!" the director shouted. The cameras stopped rolling, and a celebration rippled through the crowd. After standing out here for 4 straights hours, we were done with the video— the music video for the song I featured in with the rapper, The Game— who's real name is Jayceon.

We made a song called Celebration, but that was way back in the beginning of 2017. It wasn't until this year that the song started to blow up, so Jayceon had hit me up earlier this year and wanted to make a video. I agreed, but I had totally forgot that it was suppose to happen this week. There were some many other things I had going on, and squeezing this in was making my schedule even more hectic. Not only that, but I had Amira with me. I've been calling her mother, but she hasn't been hitting me back at all. And I would have had Nancy watch her, but she was on vacation. And she deserved that.