Chapter 14.

April 29th, 2018. | Los Angeles, California.
Omniscient.

Damon sat in front of the mirror, adjusting his pants and admiring his muscles. He was trying to figure out what shirt to wear, debating with himself. Tonight he was going out with Ivory again, as he invited her to go out again. He was planning to take her out to a live concert, one that was outside. The concert would feature Ivory's favorite artist, Mary J Blige. It was one of the main reasons he was taking her out there in the first place.

" And where are you going?"

" I'm going out...handling biz." Damon says, finally choosing to wear the white shirt.

" Don't lie to me Damon. Or should I say, Ur—"

" Cut the shit Chas...I don't what's your problem, but you need to figure it out and stop taking it out on me. You know what type of shit I'm on, and what I got going."

She flared her nostrils at him as she rolled her eyes. He saw her reaction and grinned, going over to the woman as she walked away.

" Come on babe, don't be like that."

" Be like what? You're going out with some other broad and leaving me here! I mean, I know you're just handling business and all— but it'd be nice if you could do all of what you're doing for her, with me for once!"

" Look, I take care of you. Don't I?" Damon asked her, looking at her sternly. " You know I take care of you...look at the place, look at your closet...the clothes you got. The shoes you have...look at your car."

".... I'm always gon' take care of you baby. And this thing I gon' going on, ain't gon' be forever. I'm just tryna hustle some money for us."

" I know....but why do you have to do it this way? I mean, how are you for sure that this man will ev—"

" He ain't got no choice." Damon spoke, cutting the woman off. " He knows who I am, and what I'm capable of. I did all that time in the pen for a reason Chas..."

" Okay Damon...I'm just saying."

He walks up to the lady, putting his arms around her as he kissed her forehead.

" I gotta go...make sure your phone's on, ight?"

" Okay...be safe baby."

" I will." Damon said. He grabbed the rest of his things, and headed out of his house, getting inside of his BMW. Then, he headed off to pick up Ivory of their concert date.

___

that night, 8:00 p.m.
Ivory

I was in the car with Damon, and we were making our way to our destination. I knew we were that where heading was outside, but he wouldn't let me in on what it was. I assume it to be like an outside party or something, but who knows?

To keep myself occupied, I played around with the features that were on his car. He had some music going too, which helped me stayed occupied as well. I was trying to stay off my phone as much as possible, especially after seeing that interview that Cairo had with the Breakfast Club, and the drama that followed it.

I couldn't believe he allowed some random girl to post our daughter like that, let alone the caption. All it did was add more fuel to the fire that was already created by both Cairo and I. Honestly, I wanted to speak with him. Just to set him all the way straight, because I didn't play when it came to Amira, and I would've thought he known that. But luckily and hopefully, this concert would get my mind completely off of that, and help ease my mind.