Chapter Forty-Six

Magsimula sa umpisa

"How do you know this guy?" Mark asked.

"I ran into him a couple of years back. We didn't really see eye to eye on how to handle the criminals. He was more of the salvation type of hero - giving them a second chance."

"And she was more of the judge, jury, executioner type. Killing them," Daredevil shook his head.

Rebecca sighed. "I'm not here to talk about what I did two years ago, nor am I for a reunion. I need your help."

"To what? To kill someone?"

"I don't do that anymore - would you stop gloating; it didn't have anything to do with your sermons."

Daredevil chuckled. "What do you need help on."

"Seven years ago, New York experienced multiple earthquakes. Which was the same time, people claim that they saw a group of vigilantes fighting an army of ninjas... let's start with that. Tell me whatever you know about it."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Daredevil spoke too quickly.

Rebecca smirked. "Lying is a sin, Father."

Daredevil frowned, he didn't appreciate the joke. "Why do you need to know about it?"

"Because two weeks ago, a group of ninjas tried to steal tech from AIM."

"AIM?"

"Advance Ideas Mechanic."

Daredevil nodded. "Oh, that AIM - weren't they involved in some kind of terrorist attack with the Mandarin and the Ten Rings? Didn't Iron Man shut them down?"

"No, they're still fully functional, creating advance weapons. The company managed to save itself from being dragged to the dirt with its founder by releasing a statement that they had nothing to do with Killian's evil plan, and also by bribing the government with tech they might use..." Rebecca shrugged. "And the Mandarin was just an act - they had no connection with the real group, just a front used to scare people. Now, the ninjas? I know that they're being controlled by an organization called The Hand, I just need to know who is pulling the strings and what do they want."

Daredevil's head tilted. "How did you know that they're The Hand?"

"I have my sources."

"Well, that's not enough for me to start talking."

"I have other ways to get you to start talking."

"Are you seriously going to threaten the person you're asking for help?"

Rebecca sighed. "They're after me. And they're after someone I really care about."

"Why?"

"Can't you just give me the intel and we could get on with our lives?"

"The fact that you said that the Hand is back means it's also my business. So, keep talking."

"Let's just say that I was a part of whatever plan they have for New York, and I think they want to kill me and those around me."

Daredevil nodded as a response. "Well, I'm sorry to tell you this, but... The Hand is gone. We destroyed them, root and step seven years ago."

"Their leaders?"

"We killed the Fingers as well - all five of them, so whoever these ninjas are, they're not it."

"That's impossible," Rebecca approached him. "No one knows about who I am or my history, so no one but them could be behind these attacks."

"What do you want me to tell you? They're all gone!"

"Well, cut off one head, two more shall take its place." The phrase caught Rebecca off guard, even when she said it. It was HYDRA's motto, they're saying, it was a reminder that they will never disappear. "I just need names, please."