25. Eric

"Y/n, will you please open the door for me?".
I heard Eric say.

I hesitated, but after some time i unlocked the door, but stayed seated on the floor. Not looking up at him as he walked in.
I still had my knees up to my chest, while putting my head in them.

I heard some shuffling, and when i lifted my head up, i saw Eric sitting in front of me on the ground. We both didn't say anything, but it wasn't awkward or anything, it felt kinda comforting to sit here with someone.

"You know i wanted to apologize for everything we've done to you". He said out of nowhere.

I looked up at him and waited for him to continue.

"I noticed that today we really crossed the line. We should've never left you in that car". He said with a sigh while looking at his hands.

"I feel horrible, you didn't deserve that. You can be difficult to handle sometimes, but that wasn't the right way to learn you a lesson".
He said as i could hear the shame in his voice.

I sat next to him and held one of his hands.

"I'm really sorry y/n". He said with sorrow in his eyes, but quickly looked away from me again.

"Thank you for apologizing". I said to him. I don't know what came over me, but i gave him a quick peck on his cheek.

I saw a slight tint of pink appear on his cheeks.
The corners of his lips curled up, but he tried to hide it by looking the other way.

He cleared his throat. "You must be hungry". He said as he stood up, but i shook my head.

I heard him sigh. He knew i didn't want to go down and meet the others.

"I'll bring your food up here, if you promise me to stay here and not do anything". He said.

"I promise". I said in a soft voice.

"Okay, i'll be right back". He left and got up from the ground. I looked into the mirror. Jeez you look like a mess y/n. I splashed some water on my face to get rid of the dried up tear stains.

I went into my room and laid down on my bed.
I'm slowly starting to loose hope in leaving this place. Maybe i should just give into them?

No y/n! You have to keep fighting back. You can't give up that easily.

My room door opened again and in came Eric with our food. He placed it on the small desk and told me to join him.

We both enjoyed our food. Eric actually is a very nice and joyful person when he's not being a mafia member.

"So... we still have the whole evening before it's night time. Is there something you want to do?". He asked me.

I thought about something that i've wanted to do for a very long time.

"Can we go out into the garden?". I asked him.

A smile grew on his face. "Of course!". He stood up and held out his hand.

"Let's go, we don't want to waste any time". He said as i placed my hand in his.

We went downstairs and he took me outside. The sun was already setting and the view was just beautiful. Eric led me to the flower field in their garden.

He let go of my hand and i started wandering around the field. These flowers are beautiful. I wish i could show my mom these, she always loved flowers.

We were out there for a very long time. It was dark outside right now and the only light came from the moon.

As i was looking at some flowers i suddenly saw another pair of shoes. I looked up and saw Eric standing in front of me with his hands behind his back.

"Close your eyes". He said with a stupid grin.

I hesitated but eventually closed my eyes. Suddenly i felt something on my head.

I opened my eyes again and touched my head.

"I made you a flower crown". He said taking out another one that he put on his own head.

"Now we're matching". He said being proud of his creation.

A smile grew on my face. He's really trying his best to cheer me up, and it's working.

Suddenly there was a strong gust of wind. I felt the shivers run down my body.

"Let's go inside before it starts raining". Eric said as he took my hand in his and led me inside.

He closed the door behind us as we got inside the house.

"What were you two doing out there?". Sunwoo asked as he saw us come out from the garden.

"Y/n just wanted some distraction". Eric tried to explain.

I saw Sunwoo look at our intertwined hands, so i quickly let go of Eric's hand.

"Seems like you guys had fun out there". He said, but i saw his jaw clench lightly.

"We actually did and if you don't mind, we're gonna go back upstairs right now". Eric said as he started walking away.

Sunwoo and I made eye contact for some time. There was this kind of emotion in his eyes that i couldn't describe.

"Y/n are you coming?". Eric asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I left Sunwoo standing there and followed Eric back upstairs to my room.

I still haven't really talked to Sunwoo after the morning i saved his life. Sometimes it feels like he cares about me, but later on says things that makes me feel useless.

As i walked inside my room Eric handed me a hoodie. "You must still feel cold". He said as i took the hoodie from him.

I looked at the clock and it was almost midnight.

I sat down on my bed as Eric left for a second to change his clothes. He came back with extra pillows.

"I know you're not comfortable with sleeping in the same bed as us, so we'll use these as a kind of wall to separate us". He said laying them down on the bed.

I felt the corners of my lips curl up. He's so caring. No stop it y/n. You can't think like that.

Eric laid down on the other side of the bed and turned off the lights.

I couldn't sleep. I had a lot of questions running through my mind. Why is he suddenly being so nice to me? I couldn't stop thinking about it, so i decided to ask him.

"Eric?". I asked him softly.

"Yes?". He said as i heard him shuffling in the bed, probably turning around.

"Why are you being so nice to me?"