The second round robin semi-finals game was USA versus Australia, and it was going to begin in ten minutes. But of course, Seraphim will always make time for her good friend Belzin.

Belzin surprisingly shook her head, but a smile was still present on her face as she was a tad grateful that Seraphim helped her emotions out of a slump. "I'll pass, maybe aft'r Japan's second game."

Seraphim looked at her with her eyes squinted, assessing whether the girl was relatively okay or not.

" 'Cos she'd be more sweaty then.." The orange haired pervert quipped, licking her lips.

Seraphim let out a relieved sigh. She bumped shoulders with her, chuckling. "You're insufferable."

Belzin smiled at her friend, "Yeah, I am."

-

As both teams are warming up after checking in with the officiating table, both teams from United States and Australia came to watch the game from the sidelines. After all, it was their teams that just finished going against each other, they had a bit of time to rest before their next ones.

Seraphim notices that the atmosphere of the court isn't as it usually is.

"Did something happen with Japan?" She muttered underneath her breath.

During their meeting when Seinaru summoned all of the prodigal five into her hotel's conference room when they first arrived, everything seemed to be okay.

The atmosphere wasn't as hostile as it was now.

Australia's Reo shared the same sentiments as the American power forward. However, as she glanced at the opposing team on the court, her eyes narrowed into slits as she came to a realization.

It wasn't Japan who was the source of the hostile atmosphere.

Five pairs of eyes were looking at their opponents with malice and discernment.

Argentina is out for revenge.

-

Japan's starters from the exhibition game felt the stares burn through their skulls.

Seinaru glanced at Argentina's starters with disinterest.

She looked at her nails again, making sure that her fingers were taped properly. She clenched and unclenched her fists ever so slightly before she glanced back at her team that appeared to hold no interest for the other team either. They continued with their warmups as if the opposing team wasn't glaring daggers at them.

From the sidelines, the people from the VIP section were silent. Most of them had the privilege to watch the exhibition game of these two teams against each other during the spring nationals, while some watched from their own respective homes. To say the least, they didn't know what the results are going to be.

Japan has a higher chance of winning because they have Seinaru. However, as athletes themselves, most of Block 126 know that when a player with as much power as Kaibara is out for revenge, there's bound to be bloodshed. And with bloodshed comes the uncertainty of victory.

"She still has her fingers taped." Tsukishima murmurs his observation of Seinaru to himself, but Kageyama hears him.

The bluebell-eyed setter looked at him, then at Seinaru. "It's been that way since they came to the court. I wonder if she'll play in the first half."

The blonde middle blocker hummed. "Perhaps she won't, to let the starters during the exhibition game play."

Their eyes were watching the court as the official starters came out.

"Or perhaps not." Tsukishima hummed, seeing Saito, Kasai, Nozomi, Utsui, and Seinaru step out onto the court.

Kageyama looked at the bench where the previous starters from the exhibition game were. For athletes who once lost against Argentina's size and prowess, their sportsmanship is very admirable.

Back on the court, the starters lined up in front of each other. The five players of Argentina had heavy glares planted on the other team, while the latter didn't look the least bit intimidated. The atmosphere was so tense that even the referee had a difficult time trying to get in between the two teams for the ball throw.

To everyone's surprise, it wasn't the center of Japan who stood in front of Kaibara for the ball throw. It was none other than the captain of Japan, Seinaru.

Kaibara's eyes narrowed, but she dismissed the disarrangement. She'll still get revenge even if Seinaru chooses to play her best today.

Because Kaibara will win.

But of course, its always too early for conclusions.

The referee blew the whistle before proceeding with the ball throw.

Kaibara slapped the ball to the direction of Castillo, however, it was intercepted by a pair of porcelain hands.

Seinaru looked Kaibara in the eyes, her heterochromia orbs flashing with a glint of mischief for a brief moment before she tossed the ball blindly into the basket that was on the other side of the court.

Whoosh!

The ball smoothly goes into the basket, barely giving anyone time to register what just happened.

"3 points!" The announcer yelled into the microphone in astonishment. "Japan's Seinaru isn't kidding around folks! A three-pointer in the first two seconds of the game!"

Kaibara blinked at the hoop where the ball just shot through, her mouth turning dry as Arias of her team inbounds the ball as they have possession.

"Hey." A voice called out to her, knocking her out of her reverie.

Her lilac-colored orbs met steely blue and green ones. Seinaru.

"This is a different game." The Japan captain said, her words monotone as she referred to the exhibition game and Kaibara's plan on getting revenge today. She eyed Kaibara with an emotionless gaze.

"So, play it like you actually want to win the Olympics, not like you're seeking revenge on my team."

She turned away but halted as she said something else. "I'd like to play against the Prodigal Five's Kaibara."

She gave Kaibara a side-glance, "I'm sure you can do that for me."

She then left, going over to assist Utsui on the opposite side of the court.

Kaibara mulled over her words and the truth that they resonated. She let out a long breath, before a small genuine smile made its way onto her face.

Her lips opened as she murmured with an amused tone, "The Prodigal Five's Kaibara, huh?"

I wonder how that'll turn out.

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━