P R O L O G U E

-WRITTEN-: August 10th, 2021

-PUBLISHED-: August 31st, 2021

The wind howled as the rain carried scents of misery radiating from the souls facing the wrath of Monday mornings, Evelyn Prince being one of them. The said girl had a scarf around her neck and wore her Berry blue-colored school jumper, allowing it to hug her waist as she walked towards her locker.

Pushing back the urge to go back home and curl up in her bed, Evelyn hurriedly made her way towards the class with one thought on her mind. 'He's so dead.' Of course, she wouldn't literally hurt him just give him a lecture and then the silent treatment but that wouldn't last long; it couldn't last long for Evelyn Prince couldn't live without Diego Martin, her best friend.

Walking into the hallway she welcomed the warmth it provided and locked eyes with her best friend. His eyes widened as he saw her and she could make out what his expression exactly meant. . . fear.

She smiled as he looked away from her and started to move towards the other end of the hallway towards her first period. Ignoring the smirk trying to make its way onto her face as Evelyn looked towards her first class and simply walked away.

Leaving behind a confused but relieved Diego. He knew she had something planned, after all, the incident he'd caused wasn't something she'd forget nor let go of.

He sighed and walked back inside the class, ignoring the stares he received from people. He opened his mouth to say something but Evelyn bet him to it.

''What the hell D? Do you have any idea how things could've gotten worse? Just because you seemed to think it was a great idea to prank Jacob doesn't mean that you go ahead and start a fight with him.'' She started as she watched him open his mouth to speak.

''No, I don't care what you have to say ju- just let me finish.'' She said as she waited for him to respond.

He nodded his head and she continued.

''Look you're lucky that we didn't have any guest teachers over or otherwise this would've been a huge scandal, the prank was fine okay? But the fight, the fight wasn't.'' She said and laughed sarcastically.

''Wha- why did you even do that?'' She asked him softly.

''After the prank, I decided I was going to apologize on behalf of us and then suddenly I heard him talking shit about us; about you and I couldn't take it and so I burst in there and gave him a piece of my mind which....'' He was interrupted by a voice from behind him which belonged to a redhead.

''Which led him to attack you from behind and you used 'self-defense.' to get him away from you.'' Finished off the redhead.

Sending the redhead, Mackenzie, a small smile Evelyn focused back on Diego. Sometimes she wondered how the two were related disregarding the shared trait of piercing blue eyes. Diego was a prankster, loyal at heart but could never miss an opportunity to make things more. . . entertaining, whereas Mackenzie was a loud extrovert, popular, and had a love for shopping. Being the only child Evelyn had gained two sibling-like best friends; Mackenzie and Diego whom she was very grateful to have.

Unlike Evelyn, Mackenzie knew it was her brother's normal and stupid behavior and was more focused on the fact that someone had caught the school's heartthrobs attention. Black hair and grey eyes were a beautiful combination paired with a dazzling swoon-worthy smile that belonged to Kaleb Rodriguez.

Of course, news had spread like a wildfire when his friends found out and the nearby students had caught the conversation. Apparently, he hadn't said anything but his friends were teasing him about being 'out of it' and 'stuck on a girl' but those words said more than anything for the whole school.

Snapping back to reality Mackenzie watched the two in front of her with a small smirk on her face.