☆ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 55☆

"So Sakura, would you like me to accompany you to your dorm room?" Toneri asked as he tossed his used (now wet) towel into his locker.
"I don't mind, but I sure am tired." Sakura yawned as she closed her own locker door.

She saw Kisame at the corner of her eye, still fed up with him, she turned to Toneri, "hey, I'll take you up on that offer, let's go to my dorm." She said as she grabbed his hand and led him out of the swimming arena.
"No need to be fast yeah? We've got all the time in the world." Toneri said.
"Yeah, sorry about that. I guess I got a burst of eagerness." Sakura gave a sheepish expression.
"Well you're still cute, with or without your burst of energy." Toneri complimented.
"Ah thanks." Sakura gave him a warm smile.
"So, whose your dorm-mate?" Toneri asked.

"That would be me." A voice spoke up.
Sakura and Toneri turned around to see Neji.
"Ah Neji! How's our baby?" Sakura asked.
"Baby?! What?" Toneri choked on the air.
"Oh! Sorry for alarming you, I meant our bird." Sakura apologized.
"Ah okay, that makes so much sense." Toneri sighed.
"The baby is alright, honestly I think soon it'll be ready to release." Neji gave a light frown.
"Maybe... so what brought you here? We were just making our way up to the dorm." Sakura asked.
"Oh, I can to fetch you. I remembered that today was going to be your first time in your swimming club, so I was guessing you'd be tired and like company?" Neji said.
"I know Kisame-San was there with you, I'm assuming he provided sufficient company?" Neji asked.
Sakura huffed, "you could say that, but the fish almost drowned me."

"He did? Really?" Neji asked flabbergasted.
"Yeah, but luckily Toneri came to the rescue!" Sakura giggled.
"Ah, I see. So you saved her?" Neji asked Toneri.
"Mhm, that would be me, her knight in shining armor." Toneri gloated.

Neji frowned at his words, originally, Neji was supposed to be her only knight, and now it's this first year college boy..
He took a closer look at his features, tall and lean, light baby blue hair, and the most gorgeous blue eyes Neji has ever seen.

Neji can't help but compare them to his own eyes. Did Sakura like those eyes better than his? How couldn't she? His eyes are surely something, Neji's eyes are a white-lilac color, while Toneri's were a glowing blue, different hues of blue as a matter of fact.
The college boy's eyes showed wonders of emotions, Neji wondered, were his eyes dull?

If so, then would that be reason... Sakura may not ever like him..? 

"Sorry Toneri, but I'll only ever have one knight, and it's Neji." Sakura gave a warm smile and placed her hand on Neji's shoulder.

Neji looked away from the college student, and turned his eyes towards the pinkette. His eyes seemed to glimmer more than usual, and the colors around him were so vivid.
The brunette boy sighed to himself, 'no, I truly fell for this girl..'.

"Pity, I suppose I'll just have to become more than a knight, I'll be your prince." Toneri winked.
"Whatever you say." Sakura playfully rolled her eyes.

"So I'm assuming you don't need me to accompany you to your dorm anymore? You do have your knight with you.." Toneri lightly pouted.
"Hehe, maybe next time?" Sakura shrugged.
"See you later!" She waved at the college boy.
"Yeah definitely!" Toneri waved his own goodbye.

"C'mon Neji, let's get moving!" Sakura said.
"Right." He followed the pinkette.

"So, you kinda froze back there, huh?" Sakura asked.
"Hm? What do you mean?" Neji played dumb.
"Well when Toneri mentioned how he saved me, you tensed up.." Sakura explained.
"Ah. My mind was preoccupied, sorry." Neji said.
"Preoccupied with what?" Sakura asked.
Neji gulped, "ah, well honestly, I couldn't help but feel outraged after you told me what Kisame-San did to you!" He lied to her.
"Oh don't you worry about that, I'm sure I'll forgive him soon. Just not today." Sakura smiled as she inserted the key into her dorms door.

She entered and immediately flopped down on the bed.
Neji walked in the dorm and locked the door, hanging Sakura's keys on the key rack.

"Don't go to sleep yet, you must shower after being in a pool of chlorine." Neji said.
"Mmm but I'm so exhausted!" Sakura sighed.
"How about I go run a quick warm bath for you?" Neji suggested.
"Really?!" Sakura asked.
"Really." Neji gave a light smile.
"Woo hoo! You're the best knight anyone could have!" Sakura giggled.
"Thanks." He lightly smiled.

He ran the warm bath, and while doing so, he heard knocking on the main door.
"Coming!" He heard Sakura shout.

Neji turned off the water, satisfied with the warm temperature. He walked out the bathroom to see Sakura chatting with people behind the door.
He joined her, and stared at the two people. Uchiha's.

"Hey Sakura-Chan! I just came here to tell you that the modeling for the photography club will be postponed due to the fact one of our photographers dropped an expensive camera... I'll let you know when you can stop by though! I can't wait to work with you!" Shisui explained.
"Oh sure that's fine!" Sakura smiled.
"Alright! Well I'll catch you around Sakura-Chan!" Shisui blew her a kiss as he walked away from the door.

"And you? What are you here for?" Neji asked as he stared at the long haired Uchiha.
"It's nothing that concerns you. I came here to ask Sakura something." Itachi clarified.
"Hmm? What is it?" Sakura asked.
"There's this new restaurant opening up, I've heard it's going to be absolutely luxurious. Reservations are full though, but, I managed to get a table for two. I was wondering if you'd like to accompany me to the restaurant?" Itachi asked.

Neji glared so hard into the Uchiha's blank eyes.

"Mmmm tomorrow?" Sakura asked.
"Yes." Itachi answered.
"Alright! Sure! I'll see you then!" She gave a warm smile.
"Yes, I'll see you soon. Good night Sakura." Itachi said as he walked away from the door.

"Uh, the bath is warm and ready for you." Neji said.
"Thanks Neji!" Sakura smiled as she ran off to the bathroom.

The brunette male sat and sighed on his bed.
He remembered when Sakura would add "-kun" to his name. Making it "Neji-kun". Now she just calls him "Neji".
Neji sighed once more as he fell back on his bed, a simpler time when his chances of being with Sakura were higher.
Luck was in his favor at first, he shared a dorm with her, that was everything he needed to get well acquainted with her. Then she met new friends, making her go farther and farther out of his reach.

He closed his eyes and remembered how Itachi simply asked her out just now. Was he in the lead for her heart?
Jealousy surprisingly sparked in Neji's heart, he knew exactly what to do.
He reached for his phone in his pocket, and began texting.

'Hey, are you still awake?'

'Neji? What's up? You don't usually text me..?'

'Something came up, and I'll need you to spread the word to our friend group.'

'Sure thing, what happened?'

'Itachi asked Sakura out on a date, to this new restaurant that is opening up tomorrow.'

'Oh hey! I heard about the opening, Choji told me all about it. Reservations are tough to get, I wonder how Itachi got it.'

'Yeah I know, but I was thinking, there could maybe be something we can do to prevent this date?'

'Not necessarily, Neji. But we can crash it. I've already got a plan, so don't worry!'

'Wow you're smarter than I thought you were.'

'Haha very funny. Anyways, we'll need rest for tomorrow, good night Neji.'

'Night, Kiba.'

"Hey Neji! What are you doing?" Sakura chirped happily.
"Oh nothing, just browsing through social media." Neji lied.
"I'm tired! Aren't you?" Sakura yawned.
"Just a bit." He answered.
"Well my dear knight, I suppose it's time for us to get to bed." Sakura giggled as she tucked herself into bed.
"Good night Neji!" Sakura smiled to him.
"Good night Sakura." Neji responded, his own small smile plastered on his face.

'Tomorrow will surely be interesting..' Neji thought to himself as he drifted off into sleep.