Safety first

"So uncle... Since you're here I suppose you could help us with our homework too!" Urza pleaded.

"Of course! What is it about?" 

"Well, I have to memorize a bunch of herbs for the next potion lesson!" 

"And I have to study the history of how different weapons pick their masters based on their personality!"

Karlof was a little embarrassed about his uncle being there, but he wasn't alone. 

There were now tons of parents at the academy, most of them following their children everywhere and some helping to guard the doors. 

"Well, Karlof, there's a good book about that in the library! At least it was while I attended the academy! You can go ask the librarian about it!"

"That's great!" Karlof smiled. "What's it called?!"

"Oh... Uhm... I don't remember... just ask the librarians about it! Oh and bring your boyfriend!"

"UNCLE!"

Of course... his uncle coming to the academy meant him finding out about Bolobo. Apparently, his sister hadn't told him anything about his relationship so he had to tell his uncle when they met. 

Of course, there was no problem but it still was a bit uncomfortable. 

"So... your uncle forgot about the book that made him pass the most important test of the year?!" Bolobo laughed. 

"Yeah... But we need to find ut so we can get through the test ourselves!" 

As they entered they could see Acronix sitting at one of the tables with Krux sitting beside him, fast asleep with his head resting on his brother's shoulder. 

"Looks like he's feeling better every day!" Karlof smiled and waved at Acronix. 

Acronix waved back smiling tiredly, putting his mantel around his brother's shoulders to make him more comfortable. 

"Yeah... good for Acronix!" Bolobo mumbled. "Looks like he hasn't slept much at all since the attack!"

"I don't blame him... if something like that happened to Urza..."

At that, Krux winced a little and slowly opened his eye.

"S-stay... away!"

"Krux?! Krux are you okay?!" 

"Y-you monster..."

"Krux?!" Acronix yelped and picked his brother up. 

"I-I won't... Acronix..."

"What was that about?!" Bolobo gasped as Acronix rushed out. 

"If... I speak from a little bit of my experience... I think he's having a flashback to when he was attacked..." Karlof sighed. "He would never in his right state call his brother a monster!"

"Well.. the nurses said he should be fine... Let's look for the book now!" 

One of the librarians noticed what they said and walked up to them.

"What book are you talking about?" she smiled. "I can help you!"

"Thank you, miss!" Bolobo smiled. "We don't know the name but it's a book about the history of how weapons chose their owners! And it's going to help us a lot for our upcoming test!" 

"Ah! I know what book you're talking about! It's filled with much more information than the history book you bought for its term and much easier to take in information!"

They followed her to a bookshelf close to the end of the library where she took out two exes of the same book. 

"Most of the five-year students before you liked the book so much we got another ex of it!" 

"We're going to ace this test!" Karlof smiled comfodemtly.

"Hopefully!" 

They sat down and started reading. Immidetly taking notes on the most important parts which surprisingly... was very easy. 

There was even a summary of each chapter capturing what they really needed to know.

"Should we tip Turner and Gravis about these? Oh and maybe Neuro and Shade too!" Bolobo frowned. 

"Hmm... Yeah, you're right! I mean if I know Neuro right he's probably picked out all the books he could find and is now more or less burning himself out!" Karlof chuckled. 

"Surprised he didn't find this one!"

"Yeah... we should probably tell him! And for Gravis and Turner.... this book will make the test much easier for them! Especially since they hate elemental history!"

They kept studying and writing down notes for a few minutes before they headed back to the great hall. 

"You found it?" 

"Yeah, uncle we found it!" Karlof smiled. "We're going to tell the others about it!"

"Good! Now you two need to head to class! I'll go help the other parents patrol the outside of the schoolyards. 

Karlof looked at his uncle concerned. Sure nothing else had happened since Krux got hurt but he didn't want to risk anything... he didn't want anyone to get hurt. 

"I'll be fine Karlof! I just want you and your sister to be safe! Now go!"

"Ugh! I hate double hours!" Gravis groaned. 

"Well... at least it's the last for the day!" Turner smiles. "Then there's dinner and we can sleep!"

"Well..." Karlof started. "Bolobo and I found a good book that helps a lot with our next test with Ace!"

"You mean the most important test of the year and the one causing me to almost have panic attacks at every minute from all the stress and the fact that if I don't nail this test my whole world could collapse and all the trauma I went through will go to waste?!" Shade blurted out. 

"Uhm.. yes but... Shade are you okay?!" Neuro asked carefully. 

"Ahahahaaa..... NO!" he answered and ran up.

"Should we... Talk with him?!" 

"Uhm... maybe later!" Turner cringed and ran up to the classroom as well. 

"We should get going too!" 

The lesson weirdly passed faster than they expected and they went down to have dinner. 

"Where's uncle?!" Karlof asked worriedly. 

"Relax!" Gravis laughed. "He's probably just taking an extra route it talking to another parent! He'll be back soon!" 

Karlof started eating even though he had a very bad feeling in his stomach. The sight of Krux right after his attack, he couldn't imagine that happening to his uncle. 

"Karlof, you should know that as a metal master Iroh has thicker skin, and with being able to turn to metal, it's almost impossible for him to get wounds as severe as Krux's!" Neuro sighed. 

"YOU THINK YOU'RE HELPING?!" Karlof yelled. "IF THEY CAN'T CUT HIM OPEN THEY'LL JUST HURT HIM IN ANOTHER WAY!"

"Yes, but panicking won't help him or you! The best you can do for him is making through the year safe and with good grades! That what's makes him happy!" 

Karlof sighed and nodded. Neuro was right... even though his uncle loved him and his sister very much no matter what. Nothing made him smile more like knowing his niece and nephew would have a good future.

"You're right! I might be overreacting a little..." 

Just as he was about to take his second portion of food Iroh rushed in brushing leaves off his hair and sat down. 

"Sorry, I'm late! ... fell into a bush on my way back!"

"It's okay!" Karlof laughed and hugged him. "I'm just happy you're okay!"