One

WARNING! The mc of this book has Social Anxiety and Selective Mutism!

If you think you may have either of these, talk with your doctor, try not to self diagnose if not absolutely necessary.

Thank you :)

☁︎︎

"y/n, come on, you're no funnn!" My friend slurred, their drunken breath blowing in my face as they danced around the living room, dragging me with them.

"You know I don't do social stuff."

f/n, who was currently intoxicated on more liquor than I could ever ingest, has this 'bright' idea of messaging random YouTubers idiotic texts about my editing abilities in hopes someone will reply.

I, however, hate the very idea of contacting someone I don't know. What if they thought I was gross? Or checked out my page and assumed me to be some weirdo for not posting photos?

Too many bad possibilities could come out of texting other people. It made my stomach sick at just the thought.

"Whatever, one day you'll decide to put yourself out there. You can't just keep doing some cheap jobs off Fiverr," f/n admits, taking a sip from the water I was forcing them to down in order to break up the streak of alcohol.

"I'm doing my best. Just yesterday I got thirty bucks off a customer."

f/n looks at me with their eyebrows raised and I stand taller, sticking by my statement.

"Really?"

"Yes, really! What, do you think I'm lying?"

They nod without hesitation, and I deflate, shoulders slumping in defeat. "I did though... Whatever, I'm going to take a shower. You're being mean to my gentle soul."

The words escaping me are full of comedic tone as I head towards the bathroom, being serious about the 'taking a shower' part.

It'd been a day or two since I last took one; and that was a no-go for me. If I smell bad, then people in public might start talking about me, and then they'll look at me, and then I'll freeze up and stop talking.

No way will I allow that.

"Yeah right, I treat you amazingly. Ama-zing-ly? Hey, y/n, is that a word?!"

I ignore f/n, shutting the door to the bathroom so I can strip down and wash myself off, not worried about leaving my friend out there alone.

They'd been around since we were kids, no way they'll steal. Though I guess I can't put other dumb stuff past them, like hanging toilet paper as decoration, or cooking something they considered 'edible'.

"On second thought... Should I really leave them alone?"

☁︎︎

I walk out of the bathroom and run straight to my own room, getting dressed in some comfy clothes before walking back out to see f/n scrolling through the channels on my tv.

"Wanna watch Adventure Time?"

As they're talking, I look around to see the place had been cleaned up nicely from our earlier shenanigans, and they'd also sobered up quite a bit.

"Sure, let me grab a drink. You want anything?" My head peers back to see her reaction since I'd already started the walk towards the kitchen.

"Nah, I've still got water left."

☁︎︎

My eyes suddenly crack open at the early rays of daylight, and I look over to see f/n gone from beside me.

However, there was a small sticky note left on the coffee table, my friends familiar writing sprawled out on its neon pink surface.

'Woke up early with a hangover and headed home for some of my meds, see you later!! Love~ f/n<3'

I smile a little at the note, yawning as I grab my phone to check the time. That's when my eyes land on a notification for Instagram plastered across the lock-screen in a banner format.

"Huh?"

There still weren't any posts on my page, and no one really followed me unless I knew them, so who in the world could cause my notifications to go off?

Maybe it's f/n telling me that they got home safe, thought I doubt it cause they've never done something like that before.

I hope everything's okay.

Clicking on the notif, I unlock the phone with my password, opening up to something that made my heart stop, while my throat dried.

Hola papi you looking for an editor?

I've got some good experience if you wanna talk 😘😘

What kind of scam is this?

I let my eyes re-read the conversation a few times in silence, trying to register everything going on directly in front of me.

While looking over at the account that was messaged, I begin to feel even worse.

dreamwastaken

☁︎︎

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

Hi, it's me, you're 'favorite' author that has such terrible posting and deleting issues that it's unheard of.

Anyway! Here we go, Dream. Bam! Felt like if I'm gonna do tons of DSMP members I might as well do the OG himself.

I also decided to go back to disorders, picking anxiety this time around since it's something I have first hand experience with. :)

PetitPeach out!!

𝗠𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗠𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿| Dream x Fem! Reader ✔︎जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें