Chapter 23 - Loki

Over the next few days, I saw y/n being tortured mercilessly, with and without the simulations. But the fifteen minutes that we get to spend together are a window of solace and calm. Y/n was better for most part, her mind less chaotic than when I first peeked in. But there were two extremely disturbing facts that I had established and they were making me restless. One, she never slept and two she kept talking to something or someone that I couldn't see, maybe it was my field of vision, but still I don't know what she's talking to. By talking I mean barely comprehensible words. Her time here has left her with no desire, whatsoever, to speak and if she does, it's in a manner only she knows.

Shuaya went through his routine of troubling Y/n and I went through mine of cursing him and thinking of ways to maul and maim him. In a surprising turn of events, he came to meet me. 

"Enjoying the show?" He gave me a smug smile and grabbed a towel from my dresser to wipe Y/n's blood off his hands.

"What do you want?"

"What do you want, Loki?"

What do I want? I don't want anything. I need this absolute scum to stop torturing y/n.

I look at him calmly and reply in a cool tone, "I want you to leave Y/n in peace."

Shuaya cackled and let the towel fall, he bent over and slapped his knees and didn't stop laughing.

It took all of me to not kill this bastard in this precise moment. I wanted to end the misery of my beloved. But I couldn't do that, yet. I couldn't lay a finger on him, he'll make matters worse for Y/n, which I speak from experience. As for killing him, he has tied y/n's life with his worthless one. The moment his heart stops beating, a mechanism put in place in y/n will block her windpipe, in effect choking her to a painful death. Such was Yaana's technological abilities. I have to do something about that mechanism before I can allow Shuaya to be dead.

His laughter had ceased, thankfully, and he gave me a weird scoff before turning around to leave.

"Hey, tell me something, why doesn't Y/n sleep?"

He faced me, surprise amusement written on his face, "You're good. Because it's another one of my methods. Whenever she sleeps, I am notified of it with her current location. I then reach her and cut her," he paused to look away in a dreamy state, a wicked smile resting on his lips, "and then she wakes up in horrible pain. It's so fun watching her fight the most basic need. I am a genius, am I not?" He turned around excited and clapping his hands, without even waiting for a response.

I shook my head in disbelief, if I were a monster, he was the Devil. Who wins in a war between the monster and the Devil? I'll find out an answer soon.

A knock brings me back to reality, it was time for me to visit Y/n. I smile at her sight, even though it pains me, it brings me some peace knowing that I can at least comfort her for a few minutes. I sat down and took her in my arms. She rolled onto me easily, placing her head on my chest. I suspect she's started to think I might just be real. Good. This means she's becoming better.

I get to work quickly and heal her within a few minutes. Over time, I've learnt how much magic she can channel and where exactly I need to focus it for her maximum recovery.

I place a hand on her forehead, softly stroking her hair, her hand held firmly in mine. I see that she eases up just a little. My eyes become moist as I see her making progress, getting better, even through this Hel. I only wish she could hear me, or respond to me in any manner, but she's been unreceptive for most part. There are moments though, where she seems to get out of her daze but they don't last.

She stiffens suddenly and sits upright. Wincing, she gets up and moves to a spot that's on the opposite end of the door. Her back is to me and I get up to see what's wrong. Standing next to her, I ask, "Y/n, is everything okay?"

She doesn't reply and instead smiles at an empty space. It must be that thing which she keeps talking to. She nods her head, in barely noticeable movements and then sits down back where she was two moments ago.

I scramble to her and touch her mind. I wish I could understand whatever I could see in there, but it was so chaotic that I couldn't even bear to look at it for more than a few seconds.

That's it, I'm taking y/n out of here. By hook or by crook. I looked up, and prayed to Heimdall that he be ready. Tonight's the night she makes it out of here. I met y/n's eyes and found them staring at me. A chill ran down my spine.

She heard me.

I tried communicating more and I hoped she could understand me. I told her I'll be taking her to Asgard and then to Midgard without anyone knowing. It hurt me to promise the last bit but I knew better than to keep her at Asgard, where Father will always be breathing on her neck. I am aware that I have no way to ensure that she'll be safe on Midgard either, but I could always ask Brother to ask his team to take care of her. As funky as they are, I know they'll never allow anyone to be in danger, especially if it's a power beyond Midgard.

She turned her neck and looked at the doors to the room. Flicking her eyes back to me, and then tensing up again as she saw a Sedh approaching me, I knew one thing crystal clear.

She is on board with me.