Chapter 39 - Y/n

*Warning: Contains graphic description of violence, read at your own discretion.*

I conjured two chairs and some bondages and tied Shuaya's crummy arse to it. Next, I conjured a table to my left, which had all sorts of torture devices, mostly knives and some batons, though my hands should and would suffice.

I cracked my knuckles, sat down on the chair from across Shuaya and appraised his semi conscious state. His head hung and blood was dripping from his mouth. I'm sure the blood must be itching the skin it trailed and he wanted to wipe and scratch it badly. But today, he's going to suffer a lot more. What did he used to say? Oh yeah.

You must learn and get used to the pain you know you can't stop feeling.

"Well not so brave, are we now?" Before I could realize, I said that out aloud. Can't care. I got up and landed a magically charged punch right between his collar bone and his rib cage, making him groan. Two more punches and the spot would bruise. A nice mark that I'll be able to use later.

I step away, letting him think that the one punch is the end and then I gave him the rest of the blows. The wind literally got knocked out of him.

I strolled away and was whistling when the ground beneath us shook and I almost lost my balance. I flailed my arms and balanced myself. Shuaya wasn't so lucky and I had to haul him back up and in a weird shock, he thanked me. That bloke, through his pain and wounds, thanked me. I didn't ponder much about it, rather I couldn't because it was far more important to pin the location of the disturbance.

A wispy smoke cloud began concentrating ten yards away from us. Shuaya was straining to even be alive, let alone question this phenomenon. But my attention was rapt on this smoke cloud. I balled my fists and filled them with the magic that was overwhelming me.

Wait a minute, this cloud...it looked familiar, like I know it, I should know it but my brain returned null no matter how many times I tried to recall about this white cloud. The speed at which the specks of dust were collecting was slow, and it looked like it would be some time before anyone would know what this is.

Well then I'll cross that bridge when I'll come to it. And it isn't like it posed any immediate threat so I turned back to Shuaya.

I inspected his collar bone bruise by lifting the collar of his robes. Sure enough, the wound had started to bruise. I would've let it sit more, but with that weird ass cloud around, I decided to hasten the process.

I picked up my knife and turned it in my palm, forcing upon myself the images of the days when I was in his hands, left to beg for his mercy when he showed me none. That made me angry, angry like I just couldn't contain it and so I didn't contain it anymore.

Bringing the blade of my knife to his bruise, I pierced through his robes, skin and tissues. So far and so deep that I almost felt his bones. I brought back the knife and plunged it again, same spot. Then again. This time I actually hit his bone. I slashed the knife along the collar bone, opening the mouth of the wound wide and deep, enough that the collar bone was completely exposed. My breaths were ragged and shaky, I was too damn angry.

How dare he ever put a hand on me?

I needn't bruise the other side this time. I just planted my knife and pried open his chest, ignoring the screeching screams of his.

I stepped back to look at my handiwork,  his collar bones were completely visible, his robes long torn, purple blood kept gushing out of him. I exhaled deeply and stepped back to work.

I stood directly in front of him and pushed my fingers around his collar bones, gripping them like I'm holding a bicycle. I squatted a little and engaged my core and glutes, ready to pull. The purple blood of his was oozing out and dripping down my forearms. I felt the warmth of his blood and the flexing of his muscles against my fingers and palms. Pulsing a tonne of strength into my arms, I began twisting my fists, making his collar bones crack.

He screamed louder and so did I. This task was taking strength out of me, no matter the aid of magic. I worked with my breaths, and twisted harder, pulling with every ounce of strength I had. The moment felt so primal and so wild, I almost felt free. Almost. Just like his bones, almost free.

Snap-snap.

Two perfect sounds of his bones breaking free. I pulled their other ends free and stood back, panting and crazy. His bones were in my hand and his cries were in my ear.

"Oh my..." Shuaya managed to scream, in between his dirty crying and heaving.

Cry you bastard! That's exactly what I want!

I bent to meet his eyes, flashed his white bones dipped in blood, "oh it hurts now, does it? Just a second and it will all get worse."

I spat at the ground beside and looked at the edges of the bones – they were jagged and sharp – perfect. I rolled them in each hand and then pushed the bones in his chest in one powerful blow. That ought to puncture his lungs. I repeated the task, piercing his chest and his lungs again and again until I could go on no longer and until my heart had had enough.

"You must learn and get used to the pain you know you can't stop feeling." The sickening words came out of my mouth, for the last time ever.

Throwing the bones, I stumbled backwards, all out of breath and fell on my butt. I sat with my ankles crossed and my knees against the insides of my elbows. Looking at him now, dead and lifeless, I wasn't conflicted at all. I wasn't feeling empty or numb or aimless. Instead, I was feeling. Myself. All my pain and anger and suffering. Everything that ever was within me was coming out now, no one could stop it, nothing could stop it.

It was time I stopped blocking everything. Now that Shuaya is gone for good, now that he is dead, I can live. And for me to live, I'll have to let go of my past. It cannot define me anymore.

The sob that was within me for so long came out, finally. Now that the stress and fear of Shuaya was gone, I was able to let down my guard and breathe easier. I buried my face in my hands as I cried, shaking and heaving. I wasn't crying silently, no. This was a messy cry, I wasn't just crying. I was wailing.

It was unfair for me to suffer, unfair for me to be pulled into this entire drama, to be given these powers, to be-

Powers. Hold on a sec. I jerked up and wiped my face. I know what that cloud is.

I know who that cloud is.