Chapter 38 - Y/n

My nose and eyes burned from the acidic environment and I stopped to take in the state of this world. The scenery before me was devastating. The scenery itself was devastated. The entire planet had crumbled down to ruins, like a very mighty earthquake shook it for days on end. For as far as the eyes went, a dead silence hung. The bright and pink sky had dulled to tones of grey, the lush greenery was reduced to charred ashes, the soil had upturned and a rancid smell continued to assault my eyes and nose.

I coughed and tried to rub out the irritation from my eyes. Even the ever-persistent head-ache grew and I cursed and pressed my fingers against my temples. But I cannot waste any time further. My soul was hungry and I searched for Shuaya like the apex predator I am meant to be. 

These powers and abilities were given to me when I didn't ask for them but I'll be damned if I didn't use them. I'll use them to reach the the top of the evolution chain, become the apex of every potential and create the name of myself. My mortal life will be short but Goddamn I'll make it epic. Enough of that weak and useless Y/n. It is my time now.

A sound of debris moving and falling caught my attention and I trailed towards it in the hunger of finding that bastard. I reach there and see no one around, the debris must've moved under it's own weight.

I stalked around, flipping endless pieces of ruins and debris. What struck me as strange was the fact that not a single body was in view. Not even the limbs, or even a torn fabric. So people had resided here and now it was utterly empty. Almost as if the entire planet hadn't ever existed.

Clunk.

I swiveled around and stopped an entire block of wall from collapsing onto me. Now that couldn't have moved under its own weight. It means that he has found me. Well enough, I'll take him out either way.

Slamming that wall on the ground, I emerged from the dust cloud to meet an empty space. I scoff a mirthful chuckle, no worries, if he wants to play a game, I can play two.

Having had enough of the first game - hide and seek - it was time for the second game. It was a simple one. No rules, no boring fouls, just start and go.

It was time for catch and kill.

Channeling the rage within me, I closed my eyes and fisted my hands. Every fibre of my being was alight with boundless energy. My frame felt light and powerful. I floated and raised myself higher and higher, till I could see the entire planet.

Time's up.

With my voice that becomes booming in this form, I exhaled, "Shuaya!" The entire planet shook and rumbled, almost as if it were going to wake up from its slumber and come alive again. From the corner of my eyes, I caught a trail of white fabric.

I dived towards the trail, with my fist leading, all of my fear and nightmares were being used to fuel my anger, which I used to amplify my powers further.

My fist landed smack on Shuaya's face, the force of which created an impact crater. But our bodies were far from stopping. We slid down the path, my knees on either sides of his body.

My anger was boiling over and I landed punches after punches, screaming my mind out. Today, there was no mercy for him. The skin of my knuckles opened from the repeated contact and while the magic was healing them back, I was busy in making that bastard bleed. None of his whimpers or cries reached me, I was relentless.

We had stopped sliding but my hands didn't. I slowed down the pace, but only to charge my punches with more magic, multiplying the force of them. Shuaya's head was digging into the ground below. A few more punches and his neck would snap, and he would die.

But I want him to suffer.

My arm paused midair. Abso-bloody-lutely. I need him to suffer. To make him feel useless and weak. But every moment he was breathing and every moment he was alive, my fears were crawling back out. My fear could overpower my anger.

No, that cannot happen.

I got up, grabbed his collar and pulled Shuaya to his feet. His head lolled side to side, and I was reminded of the day he first used me as a punching bag.

"My, how the turntables." I toy with him and throw his body to the ground. Placing a firm boot on his back, pinning him to the ground, making sure that his wounds get the chance to catch an infection, I clear my throat, "How does it feel, Shuaya? So utterly helpless, hmm?" 

He didn't even move. A part of me got scared that he might already be dead. So what? That's exactly why I am here. So shut up and let me do whatever I please. 

I was having trouble keeping my soft side down. Every now and then, that me who never even hurt a bug kept coming out, faltering my efforts. I breathed deeply, she has no job here. This is my job, my target, and I'll get it done.

Kicking his listless body hard, I rolled him over to see that his eyes are open and he is still breathing. Good.

"Answer me." I grit my teeth and mince my words, forcing him to jerk upright. Seeing him like this, scared, covered in blood, teeth missing, jaw broken, dust sticking to his blood, it gave me a twisted sense if peace and power. God, I really am loving being like this. I remember Loki trying to get me become ruthless but failing eventually because I had a heart that supposedly couldn't do harm.

Loki had tried telling me, "You have got to learn to become merciless! You can't possibly think that you can manipulate or charm people into believing you if you keep stuttering and showing care!" He sighed, "Look, I appreciate that side of you, but you cannot let it come out during battle."

"But this is just who I am!" I had retorted.

"Well I don't care! This is why you were taken advantage of! I'm the God of deception! And you're my partner. I can't let people think that you can be taken advantage of! If we are using our powers together, we need to think alike too!"

At that moment, I was in my fairytale world where I believed that love can solve anything. That we could still work this out together. Loki could continue to charm and deceive and I would simply knock people unconscious if need be. But I guess I was long overdue for a lesson in the real world. I mean this magical world is far from the real world, but it is far complex too. Emotions like "love" and "care" don't hold water at all. Here, everyone helps for help, and kills for kills.

Alright enough of the flashback. So let's see we finally have a scared little Shuaya whom I can do whatever with. Sounds fun! I squat down to see him in the eyes and pull his head back with his hair. 

Raising my right hand above our heads, ready to slap him, I tease, "Remember this?" And I slapped him. How could he have ever forgotten this? The first night he ever let me know that who is the boss around here. Not so bossy now, are we?

His weak body hit the ground and he groaned. I don't care. 

I have all the time in the world, and I'll use it to exact my revenge.