Chapter 49 - Y/n

Destroy. I'm going to ruin.

Any guesses as to whom that is going to be? Any guesses as to why?

Because I've finally solved the mystery that was surrounding this entire mess. The one powerful being who was responsible for all of this chaos, the reason why I'm here, the reason why I had to be broken and tortured and forced to turn into a murderer. And I was going to ruin that person in front of everyone. Besides, I'm already here on two counts of it, what's one more?

It's time I begin.

"Allfather."

One word from me pierces through all silences, even Odin awaits my words.

"Can we shift this hearing to a private one?"

I could see the laughter that bellowed from his annoying mind. Every thought around me called me mad and bonkers for even thinking of something like that. But I knew what I was doing.

"And why, pray tell, shall I permit that? I believe all of Asgard would want to witness your downfall."

Cheering and agreement followed from the stands.

"Agreed," I pause, "but with all due respect, they wouldn't want to witness your downfall, beloved King."

Confused silence followed.

"What do you mean his downfall?" Loki tried asking me. I caught the waves of excitement from him, no doubt from the fact that he can get a chance to humiliate Odin in front of Asgard. Too bad I'm keeping this moment to myself.

"If I were to state the reasons publicly, the damage will have been done. It's for the good of Allfather himself that this trial be shifted to a private one."

"I cannot allow for that. What you have to say, will be said in public."

I smirk, "Very well, then."

I'd very much love to do that.

Taking a deep breath, I remind myself that I have enough cause to charge the mastermind of this tragedy.

"I charge Odin, Allfather, King of Asgard, on one count of defamation, one count of damage to personal being, and," I breathed and paused, building that drama, "one count of murder."

The air around me shifted, the atmosphere became that of riot. Odin's eye looked as if it would pop out - of course it was a subtle expression but I saw it because I was expecting it. The people gasped and no one believed me. Of course they wouldn't, I was accusing their king of a heinous crime. A crime for which they have all labelled me as a murderer and a monster. Now I wait with a smile, will they return the favour to their beloved King?

Then I had another idea - another play at my power. To be honest, at this point, I was simply having fun with the crowd, toying them around with my display of power.

I clapped my hands together and created a telepathic broadcast inside every person's head.

"Asgard - the land made of gold, the land that has only ever known peace since it's very inception. 

All the pains of war and bloodshed have always been kept at bay by your fiercest and the bravest warriors.

But every peace has seen its war. Every silence has heard its scream. Every coin of gold has seen its coal. Every single day of merry has seen its day of misery.

You wouldn't know of these miseries, not yet anyway. Because Odin, your mighty King, knows how to do only one thing efficiently - hiding.

Hiding truths, hiding lies; hiding wealth, hiding poverty; hiding illnesses, hiding cures.

Hiding! Hiding! Hiding!

That's all he's known to do. 

He has kept from you, not the glorious history of Asgard, but the heinous bloodshed of what stood here before Asgard."

Nobody was ready to believe to any word that spilled from withing the chilling mouth inside their brains. I expected that, after all, I'm a monster, I could lie.

But here's the part where I'd require to show some proof, for which I'd need assistance from someone who has seen the bloodshed I am talking about. 

Who else than the all-seeing?

At that moment, he stepped inside the hall, after all - he does see everything coming.

"Heimdall, please be kind enough to show what I want everyone to see."

I saw the look on Allfather's face; he was frozen, wanting to stop this but somehow not finding the strength to stop any of this. I smirked, wondering what face he'll make next. He took me for a meek girl who'd whimper and submit to him despite her powers. Little did he expect a woman who'd spit on his face without missing a beat.

Heimdall walked up to me, the regret and guilt of betraying Odin clear in his eyes but the determination to do what's right even clearer in his walk. He touched my forehead with his fingers and a bustling image came to life in my mind; I projected that simultaneously to everyone else.

This will be the downfall of Odin, this is how I will destroy Odin.  He thought he could make everyone hate me without a reason, and that I will succumb to it. That I will let him play me.

Well, he was right, I was going to let him do that to me. But then there was this small voice in my head - which I am sincerely hoping is mine - that kept on repeating one sentence. One tiny, little sentence that changed the course of history from the moment I stepped inside the Grand Hall. I could've gone any way from there, I could've given up, I could've let them do whatever to me, But that one sentence saved me. That one, tiny sliver of logic that screamed more than any hateful thought.

If you want to hate me, allow me to give you a reason.

_______________________________

Yes, I've been gone far too long, I'm sorry. But I'm back now, and hopefully will finish this before starting any other project. 

Love y'all!