Chapter 12 - Y/n

I exhaled sharply, not being able to contain the nervousness. Loki picks up on that.

"Shh, you forget I can hear you. I know your heart as well as I do mine."

Loki is drunk yet his thoughts are clear, maybe that's how he has been. Too long in practice of charming others that he no longer needs to think about it. A pang of guilt kicks me as I remember lines from his journal, 'Will I ever get love? Or am I forever destined to charm maidens and have fleeting moments with them?'

Oh Loki, I am so sorry, but you do not know me as well as I do. I cannot keep you in the dark, yet the light of the truth might blind you. I'll tell him later, right now, I need to take care of him. He is hurt and needs compassion, one that of someone who understands him. By now, I do understand him and his ways.

I place my hands on his chest. Loki looks down, a soft smile spreads on his face. He stares at my nails, and I do too. I always kept them at a professional length, painted in nude shades. My hands came closer to me when he breathed in, and went further when he exhaled. I was so goddamn nervous, it was my first time.

"When did you last bed a man, darling?"

"Two days before coming here." I gulped and lied through my teeth.

"Mortal men and even mortal values. I must tell you, I won't be easy." Loki raised his head to look me in the eyes and smirked, proud of his abilities.

I was staring at his lovely lips as they spilled the words. My breathing was rough and I couldn't think anymore. That lie was by far my worst call. And now I'm stuck again, waiting for the night to climb and engulf me.

He cradled my face with his other hand. His fingers resting beneath my jawline, his thumb touching my ear. Softly, he stroked his thumb, tracing gentle arcs across my cheek. Pushing his fingers into my hair, he touched his forehead to mine. It felt so warm and so deeply intimate, almost as if we're touching each other's souls. He moved and pressed a slow kiss on my forehead, his cool lips against my hot head.

Loki tipped my head behind and touched my nose with his. Breathing so heavily against my frame, he hovered his lips right above mine and talked into them.

"May I?"

"Uh huh." I whispered affirmative.

Loki titled his head to the right and placed his lips on mine. His lips felt feather soft, parting them ever so slightly, just enough to suck on my lower lip. I moved my jaw and welcomed his lips. Loki's fingers moved around my neck, his thumb brushed my chin and he held my throat in a choking like manner. I moaned in his mouth, his kissing getting intense. I dig my nails into his fine Asgardian leather robe, peeling the fabric in my fingers as he pushes me against the wall. His knee pushed between mine and his thigh grazed between my legs, making me weak. My knees buckled and he grabbed me by my waist, pulling me onto his frame strongly. I placed my hands on his biceps and steadied myself.

Loki pulled away, our lips moist from the kiss. His eyes were lit with passion and he was hungry for this night. His moist lips were met by the sensitive skin of my neck, lighting up every inch of me. I moaned again, and he started sucking. I felt Loki's teeth bare on my neck, this moment was a call of trust. He could tear apart my skin or kiss it. It felt primeval.

I dig my hand in his raven hair, as Loki worked up my neck, brandishing every exposed inch. My hot wetness started to spread and Loki could feel it. He was moving his thigh for that exact purpose and he moved it oh so slowly. My clothes were begging to fall on the floor, my hands were itching to explore every curve of Loki's body, my mouth was craving the taste of his skin. Oh the wild things we do for pleasure.

He guided my palms to the pins of his shoulder and I unclasped the pins keeping together Loki's cape, letting them fall. Giving me a devilishly hot smile, he undid my hair pins and the laces of my top behind my back. He traced light fingers on the bare skin of my back, making me squirm and moan louder. He let me nestle my forehead in the crook of his neck, my hands cradling his face and throat.

Kissing the skin of my neck, he kept tracing line after line on my back. I couldn't hold back any longer and kissed his throat. Pushing my tongue against his cold skin, I started sucking, working up a messy cluster on the side of his throat. Loki moaned in my ear, digging deeper in my hair, "Mmh y/n, you're...good with your...nggh...lips."

His chest was moving faster, his warm breaths hit my skin rougher. Oh Loki, I lose my mind when you moan. I wanted to please him, satisfy him. I pulled away and kissed him, harder and faster. I gripped his cheeks with my fingers, forcing his mouth open. I haven't done any of this before, but I was gone too far to go back now. I sucked on his lips, and finally pushed in my tongue. The moment in which our tongues touched, we went into shock. My hot tongue and his icy. It was unbelievable. Images danced in my vision.

I saw Loki, entering my chamber every night. Including the night before Thor's feast. Everything clicked into place. I was seeing Loki's repressed guilt about me. This means....he must be seeing me sneaking around the library. No...this isn't possible. I'm just imagining things.

But Loki had frozen, the look on his face was set in stone. The look of utter disgust and hurt from the betrayal.

He raised his head, and a hologram flickered to life above his left hand palm. A hologram of me.

Of me reading his journal.

I was too shocked to move. My jaw dropped and froze. Adrenaline kicked in and my heart started pounding against my rib cage. I looked at Loki and he was shattered. As was the trust between us.

Shit. The apt word for this state.

Loki backed away slowly from me, pulling up his cape, he walked backwards, his eyes teary. His gaze away from mine.

I fixed my gown as I moved towards him, hoping to explain. Loki just raised his hand and whispered a broken whisper.

"Stay away y/n. You...disgust me."