Chapter 7 - Y/n

My blood ran cold, I was rooted in my bed. If the two are here, with all the time in the world, then it means no one else was here. But that's not possible. Surely Heimdall must've seen them. Yes, he must be on his way. I have to calm down.

I could hear their thoughts, but their language was not one I could comprehend. The two kept on talking back and forth and looking at me occasionally with that stare that said 'blood'.

I could've neutralized them, or least could've tried if I had magic on me. Loki. I was searching for him, I needed him. He was the only one who could hear me right now. The memories of the previous day filtered my mind and I shook away his name. I know how to fight, with or without magic. I can do this, I will do this.

I got up from the bed, alarming the two. They started moving towards me slowly, something told me that they wanted me alive, I could work with that. I held up my palms, showing my harmlessness. The sudden movement shot pain up my arms, and I recalled again why.

"Washroom." I made myself sound scared.

They stopped and eyed me towards the washroom. I had kept knives hidden all around the castle in case I ever needed one, and my washroom was no exception. I quickly freshened up into a skin-tight pant, and a full-sleeved shirt. Changed into my running shoes and tucked away two knives.

The moment I stepped out, one Sedh was waiting hungrily for me. It slashed its sword and I sidestepped it last second. Welp, change of plans.

I pulled out my knives, ducked under the body of it, and planted my knife deep into its spine. I had no choice. It was either kill or be killed. I pulled out my knife and stabbed it repeatedly, my clothes stained with purple.

I looked at the other like a predator, growling. It didn't look intimidated at all. It moved towards me at a steady pace, like it was enjoying my fear. Oh I so wish I could spilt into a copy and distract it. Nonetheless, I kept my eyes trained on the sword bearer.

I moved away, circling it, stalling it. I cannot go down so easily, I shall not go down so easily. I will fend this creature off till my dying breath.

One big lunge and I was slicing at its core. Bad move, that was a hard exoskeleton and I could not scratch it. It knew my game now, I will be dead, anytime soon.

I tried moving my arms in a slicing action, but this one blocked it and flipped me on my back. The pain of colliding with the floor with such force had me screaming. First my arms, and now my back. It was breaking me, piece by piece. Oh what a little shit.

I groaned and rolled away as it slashed its sword again at me. The chances of my survival were thinning. I got up carefully, found my knives and threw one at its eye, piercing it. The scream it gave was all the distraction I needed. I lurched forward once again and lifted my knife to its chest. The blade went through and through, bingo.

My arms were screaming for me to let them rest, my grip went lax as the Sedh fell to its knees. I bent down to pull my arms from beneath it when the skin of my abdomen tore, the tricky bastard. A knife was in my stomach, hilt deep. Its claws tightened around my neck, choking my airway. I was being lifted up from the ground. I couldn't scratch it, my arms were too weak.

I saw a blade near me, behind the back of the Sedh, if only I had some magic, I could've used it to pass the blade through this monster. In a dying, desperate attempt, I lifted my right hand and willed the blade to do exactly the same.

A spark of green and the knife passed right through its skull!

I hit the ground, and was coughing for air. How was this possible?? I hadn't been in contact with Loki since yesterday. Tears fell from my eyes as I filled my lungs with air.

I've handled them, I'll think about this later. Next priority, get my wound tended. I looked down at the silver hilt of the knife and cursed as I got up. Every passing second I was losing more and more blood. I did not make the stupid move of pulling out the knife, it's the only thing keeping my blood inside.

I looked out of my room, trying to search for people around the castle but it was strangely deserted. Is there something going on that I'm not aware of? A leaflet blew to my feet and I knew what's up. Odin was holding a feast in the honour of Thor and his recent win.

I did not have enough consciousness left, I could pass out, no one would find me, and I'll bleed out to death. I didn't want to die. I missed my home, oh home sweet home. I missed the strays of my block, I missed my books, I missed my cooking, I missed practicing the sword fighting, I missed my magic, I missed that loser. I hate him, but I still missed him. Above all, I missed myself. I have to find a way. Please, God help me.

I had already tried using my healing magic, but it died out even before I could start.

I leaned against the railing of the balcony right in front of my room. No matter how much I hated him, I will have to try and seek him. Right now, he will be the only person besides me not in the feast. My fingers sparked again when I knocked his doors, confirming his presence. He must've felt it too for he was moving far too slowly towards me.

Quickly, quickly. I pleaded as he was delaying his walk to the door.

I had bled through my shirt, and was staining the remaining of it. The idiot finally opened the door. His face of nonchalant bore quickly turned into confusion as I placed a bloody palm on his chest.

"Sorry, no one else was around." I say as my knees hit the floor and my eyes shut close. I had planned on touching him, using the magic to heal myself and get the bloody hell out of there. What I didn't plan on, was passing out in his arms.