Chapter 16 - Y/n

This isn't Earth. This is Yaana.

"Heimdall, you betrayed me! How could you?!" I yell looking up at the sky.

His apology rang in my ears again and I could not find it in myself to forgive him. And at this point I don't even have tears left to shed, no pieces that my heart can break into further. I'm just sick. Plain old sick. And bloody furious.

"Stop yelling, lady. My ears hurt. The exchange has already been made." 

I couldn't care less about his ears, much less about the exchange, whatever that was.

"What deal?" I bark, bringing my head down to meet his level, my knives slip from my sleeves and I wield them in both palms, the tip of their edges pointing downwards. A pose I observed from Loki. The snickering immediately halted.

"Oooh she got an attitude." The Prince walked towards me, his hands in his robes, white hair astray, and bucket loads of swagger in his voice. A spoilt, insolent lass. I've worked through one earlier too. Not giving him a chance to gloat further, I continue speaking.

"I'll tell you what, drop that fake smile and tell me what are you on about. Else-"

"Else what?" 

He cut me. Arse.

"Else," I growl through gritted teeth, "I won't think twice before gutting you."

A thunder of laughter strike my ear drums as he holds his stomach and bends down laughing.

"She - ahah- she thinks she can - oh ho oh- she can gut me." His laughter made his words almost incomprehensible, but I was losing my patience.

I kicked behind his calves, and a placed a knife on his throat. Pressing on his chest with my knee, I throw the other knife at a Sedh who dare imagine he could push me off his beloved Prince. The Prince held his hands to stop the others from approaching.

"Relax Mid-gardian, or you'll lose your life."

"Says someone who has a knife to his throat."

"Touché. You in exchange of our tech."

My grip wavered. I was the thing Odin traded for Yaana's technology. Uuugghhh my patience was thin, absolutely thin. At this rate I might just wipe out Odin from existence. I'll be doing everyone a huge favour.

But right now, anger could only get me so far. I needed to think, quick. Odin traded me with Yaana. Technology isn't something you simply give away. You need to really want what's on the other side of the deal. Me. Why did these people need me so bad? Time to ask.

I tighten my grip, pressing the blade firmer, "Why?"

"Because we want you."

I scoff, what a wonky excuse. "You're gonna have to do better than that if you plan onto breathing longer."

"Because we need you."

"What for, you arse?!"

"Alright, I'm not obliged to answer you, I'm calling it a day." He sighed and my arms were pulled away by a Sedh, I was being lifted and carried away.

"Hey! Quit it! Let go of me!" My protests fell on deaf ears as I was being pushed towards the castle of Yaana.

It was in absolute contrast with that of Asgard. White and red accentuated the palace. Everyone dressed up however they pleased. Respect, regard and reverence was in everyone's manner yet no one seemed to be bound by any rules. However, I did notice that the seemingly poor people looked like snarly aliens, like the ones which came to attack me. And all the royals and better off were human like. Maybe poverty had a different way of showing itself on this planet.

The dude kept talking on but I actively ignored him. Although I should've listened and gathered more and more information while I'm here but I do have the tendency to be a cock-up in most situations.

We go around the entire palace till he stops in front of a room. His room, as I am informed. I was yet to gather his name and my purpose of visit too.

"You, darling, shall be kept next to my room. I want you as close to me as possible." He winked playfully, and I groaned painfully, wincing at the utter of the word 'darling'. I have to deal with yet another arrogant Prince who has, no doubt full intentions of hurting me.

I was pushed from the grips of the Sedhs to the grips of the Prince. The claw prints still burning on my arms, and that man had the audacity of tightening his grip further. No doubt, in an effort to make me suffer for how I threatened him publicly.

He pushed me to a corner, my head banging against the wall. I pressed my palms to my forehead as muffled screams left me.

"Cut it!" He spat as he squatted down to level with me. "Now listen carefully. For each act of defiance, I'll lessen your privileges, and for each act of compliance, I'll reward you." He gathered my hair in his hands and yanked them backwards, hard. Pain burned in my scalp, why is he doing this? What for?

"If you answer my questions, I'll leave you be. If you don't," he paused and I caught a raised hand in my peripheral vision. He let me stare at it for a second before landing a hard blow to my cheek. His palm connected flush and left a bright red print. My cheek burned and singed, my eyes stung with tears, my chest hurt and I was too bloody scared. All that bravery, all that courage from earlier vanished quicker than my hopes. I have absolutely no idea what this bloke wants, but I'll do absolutely anything to go back home.

"Do you comprehend?"

"Mhm." I sob a small nod.

"Loud and clear!"

"Yes!" I cry out. Tears streaming down my face.

"Good. Now I want you to change your clothes for the special evening I have planned for you. I'll escort you in an hour."

I nodded my yes and he got up. Pointing towards a wardrobe filled with gowns, he began to leave. With every receding footstep, my heart beat easier. I took in deep breaths and got up to get ready. Whoever he was, he was a monster. And I have no wishes to cross him. I'll do whatever he wants, give him whatever he wants and get out of here as soon as I can.

"And darling?"

My attention forced to his half wedged body in between the doors.

"I don't reward tardiness."