Chapter 6 Yue Fei

Start from the beginning

"Then we'll give them our land." Ye An announced blandly.

"Are you sure?"

"What??!"

Both men responded at the same time. Xi Chen in a calm manner, while Ah Lin not even trying to hide how alarmed he was at Ye An's sudden decision.

"But what about all of those men who had just lost their lives defending the border?? It would be so unfair to them!" Ah Lin accused, forgetting to filter his words once again.

"Captain Zhang!" Xi Chen warned sternly which made Ah Lin whimper like a puppy.

"It's alright, Xi Chen. I understand where Ah Lin is coming from."

Xi Chen turned to face Ye An. "Your Imperial Majesty, is that what you truly desire?"

"Yes." Ye An said without a doubt in her demeanor. She then walked towards Ah Lin with a solemn look on her face, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry. But this is the best solution that I could think of. It's not just about Minister Sze. But also a way to mitigate the war between our two countries."

Ah Lin could only stare at the ground. Because he too knew that it was better this way if it could stop the war from proceeding and causing more lives lost.

Xi Chen walked towards the trap door as he spoke. "Well, then. We shall send a messenger to the North immediately. There's no need for another blood bath."

Ye An nodded. Right at that moment, the trap door to the commander's post opened revealing a maiden with a grace that Ye An had only ever heard of in folk songs. Even with her shortened robes which Ye An assumed was altered for convenience, the maiden still managed to look as graceful as if her robes were flowing in the air.

"Yue Fei!" Ah Lin exclaimed, recognizing her immediately.

Yue Fei hit Ah Lin in his head affectionately as a big sister would when she cleared the trap door. "That's Ms. Zhao to you."

"I don't know why you insist on me calling you so formally when we literally grew up together." Despite the graveness of the situation that they were in, Ah Lin couldn't help his almost childlike pout in front of Yue Fei.

It was probably a normal occurrence because Yue Fei merely ignored him. When her eyes fell on the clothes that Ye An was wearing, she immediately curtsied without a hint of fluster in her movement. "Your Imperial Majesty."

"At ease." Ye An said stiffly, wondering who this person was.

Then, Yue Fei suddenly gasped and crouched down by Xi Chen's side, naturally holding his calf. "What happened?? This needs to be treated immediately!"

She quickly pulled a chair over and pushed Xi Chen forcefully into it. Without even consulting anyone, Yue Fei took Xi Chen's boots off and pulled a small knife out from her medical supplies bag. She then unceremoniously ripped Xi Chen's socks and trimmed off the bottom of his pants.