63. Youth.

To Mum and Dad,
I wish so dearly that I could send you these letters, for you to know I'm okay...for me to know you're okay. Then again I'm so glad that the pair of you are as far away from all this as possible. I can feel things changing everyday, and knowing that you're safe and still in Little Winching brings me so much comfort.
For what could ever harm you in a boring little place like that. (Apart from dad's singing in the shower, stay safe mum!)
Along with the change in atmosphere, I feel an undeniable change in myself. I feel like I'm reaching for something that I can't quite get to. But if I reach any further I might just fall.
Its impossible to put into words really.
I know that George can sense it. No body else has noticed, but he has. He would though I suppose. He's good like that, very kind and...selfless.
Not having you guys around has been hard but George makes it bearable, and all the others of course.
Oh yes and we had a ball! It was brilliant, Molly decorated headquarters and prepared all sorts of snacks. I took both Fred and George as my dates because you see-

"What you doing love?"

Y/n looked up from the parchment she had become engrossed in to see George standing over her. His face glowing with the gentle hue of the Gryffindor common room fire.

"Letter to mum and dad." She nodded towards her pen and parchment "you allright? Where's the others?"

"Yeah I'm fine." He smiled, slumping down next to her on the couch "Freds taken the others to show them this prank he's set up down by the Quidditch pitch. Something to do with the Slytherins brooms."

"That sounds funny." She laughed "you didn't feel like joining them?"

"No i felt like joining you. You don't mind do you?"

"Course not you idiot." She smirked "its nice, I miss alone time with you. Especially now the room of requirement has become such a popular destination." She whispered.

"Ugh yes exactly." George chuckled "i didn't want to say anything because its great that we've got a place to practice, but Merlin do i miss when no one knew about that place."

Y/n laughed at him "do you ever think about one day living together?"

"We already do." He smirked.

"Just the two of us I mean...actually thats stupid isn't it? Don't worry."

"No stop that. Its not stupid. Me and Fred spoke about this the other day." Smiled George.

Y/n sat up avidly "really? What did you think?"

"Well you mustn't tell him I said this, but I couldn't ever live far away from Fred. So we thought that once we have the shop...there's this apartment on top and well there's two decent sized rooms, a kitchen, a balcony all the good stuff you know?"

Y/n nodded listening excitedly.

"So if you were up for it, me and you would have one room. And Fred and maybe Angelina could have the other."George looked nervous suggesting the idea "its not set in stone or anything, and I don't know how you'd feel about living with Fred aswell? Oh and then obviously we'll be on top of the shop so I dont know weather you'd like that because if you don't-"