6. Raindrops and Dreams

Y/ns pov:

I sat cross legged in the Doorway of the Burrow and just watched the wonderful scenery that the Weasleys were so lucky to see everyday. I loved my parents but our house was boring and plain. It was an exact replica of almost every other house on our street. Even The Dursleys home was practically identical to mine and they lived at least 3 blocks away.

I acknowledged the clouds start to gather over the hills and I felt my soul stir. The air electrified around me in anticipation of a storm that the ground was almost yearning for.

I sat for no more than 30 minutes and sure enough flashing sheets of cold droplets began to fall. I like the rain. It brings a richness to each hue of the Weasleys garden. I watched intently as the browns deepened in a way that bring steadiness to my being. The grass becomes glossy, reflecting the light. A new found shine to there structure as they softly wave in the breeze. I reach my hand out the open door and allow the droplets to trickle down my palm.

"Y/n?" Harry sounds from behind me breaking me away from my trance.

"Oh hey Harry" I giggle.

"You allright?" He questions a tone of concern to his voice.

"Yeah..you?"

"Yeah I guess" he mumbled while taking a seat on the floor next to me.

"Whats up, you can tell me you know" I insist.

"Everything just feels a bit off" He said while picking at a loose thread on his jumper.

"I feel it too." I knew I wasn't sounding very reassuring but I couldn't lie to him and pretend that things seemed normal.

He purked up and looked at me "Really? What do you think it means?"

"I dunno" I said rather glumly "I thought it might've just been what happened at the World Cup...but ugh I don't know.. I can't put it into words but ... it feels like the world is changing right infront of us and no ones doing anything, and then one day its going to be too late to do anything"

"Exactly" He replied while staring out at the hills in the distance "I'm glad you feel it too"

I smile to him knowingly.

"Theres urm.. acctually something else too" he begins "ive been having these dreams"

I adjust my back and sit up straighter so that I can look him in the face "dreams about what Harry?" I ask already knowing I'm not going to like the awnser.

"Voldermort." He says bluntly "But he's not human. Then again I suppose he's never really human is he?"

"What was he doing in the dream?" I ask leaning forwards slightly.

"I don't know its hard to say. He wasn't alone. Peter Pettingrew was there and then there was another man. A man ive never seen before. And Voldermort was sat in a chair" I watched as Harry shut his eyes tightly "When he turnt around and I saw what ever form it was he'd taken ... I felt pure horror. I was scared y/n. And it all seemed so real"

"Another man?" I question "what did he look like"

"I don't know y/n I was a bit distracted by the man who murdered my parents sitting in front of me in some weird alien form" He said waving his arms around.

"You save youre sass for someone else Harry James Potter...but urm i do have something to ask..i just wonder what was it you were doing when I found you on the floor at the World Cup?" I ask suspiciously.

"Well I think I passed out ... and then when I woke up everything was destroyed and there was just rubble everywhere. But yes actually ... now that you mention it... I..I saw someone.  It was a man. I can't say for sure if it was the same man from my dream but I saw him cast the Mark in the sky and he was headed towards me until you came over"

"Hmm" I said nodding slowly. "Bit of a coincidence isn't it? DeathEaters attack the World Cup, Someone casts the DarkMark in the sky and now you're dreaming of Voldermort. Peculiar.."

"But its just a dream right? Its probably nothing" Harry said expectantly. But I could tell even he didn't believe what he was saying.

"Well potentially yes. But I don't think you'd dream willingly of Voldermort and when we dream we are after all in a world entirely of our own. So it just makes me think that maybe you're meant to see this. As though its a clue or a hint. Something you need to see." I said while placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Oh hey guys" Ron said making his way over to us "oh perfect y/n just the person I'm after. I've forgotten to do my astronomy homework and-"

"Oh fuck shit fuck wank" I say quickly getting up "i completely forgot about that" as I start making my way to Ginnys room to get my school books i call down to Ron "And yes Ron you can copy my awnsers  meet me in the den we can do do it there"

~

Georges pov:

Y/n had slept in my bed every night since the World Cup. It was completely innocent of course. I mean were just friends but knowing that we were going back to Hogwarts tomorrow and realising I won't be able to fall asleep next to her anymore made me feel something which I can't quite explain.

I laid up in bed watching the ceiling aimlessly. I wasn't sure if y/n would even come to my room tonight. She'd been so busy helping Ron and then catching up on her own homework she was probably too tired. I sat up in bed as I tried recalling if I'd even seen her come up stairs. No I don't think I did. She's probably still downstairs. Slowly I got out of bed and crept to to the landing so that I didn't wake anybody. I reached the bottom of stairs and strained my eyes to see if I could spot her anywhere. I peered round to look in the den and my stomach flipped involuntarily. She was sat at the small table her head resting on a open book and her long hair spread messily over her cheek. Along with the moonlight being emitted through the window A single flickering candle on her desk was the only source of light. The dancing flame lit her face beautifully. I brushed the hair out of her face and whispered gently "y/n...y/n wake up." As I shook her shoulder lightly.
"Fuck! Oh my god. What the fuck" she jumped up quickly and put her hand to heart as she realised it was only me.
"Sorry love I didn't mean to scare you" I laughed. "You fell asleep down here and I...well I just thought I should wake you up you know" I trailed off.
"Aww did you miss me Georgie" she smirked playfully.
"No" i laughed. That's was a lie. I did miss her.
She began picking up her books and sorting out her piles of notes.
"Leave that, let's go to bed its late" I suggest.
"Do you think you're mum will mind?I'll tidy it all up in the morning." She asked with genuine concern.
"As if you could ever do anything to upset mum. You could become a DeathEater and you'd still be her favourite." I joked, then clearly having a rush of confidence i took hold of her hand and led her up the stairs to bed.
As she got into bed next to me I noticed she laid alot closer to me. Whenever she'd stayed in my bed over the past week their was little to no touching. It was purely just a friendly thing but tonight she laid facing away from me and the curves of her body pressed against me. My breath physically hitched in my throat at the electricity it caused to surge through out me. I casually draped my arm around her waist in response. She done nothing for a few moments but then she gently held my wrist and moved my hand up so that it lay on her chest. I gulped trying to act calm at the sudden shift in our friendship.
"Night Georgie" she said in her voice like honey.
"Night y/n" I whispered. Just then she pressed her body an inch closer to mine so that their was practically no space left between us. I looked intently at the beautiful figure lying in my arms and I would have done anything to stay in that moment forever.