40. Hogs Head Inn

Narrators pov:

Down to the land came snow, water in its most artistic form. The snowflakes moved as though a carefully choreographed ballerina, conducted by the gentle grasp of the afternoon breeze. As y/n watched it fall her eyes grew that tiny bit wider. Her inner child raised, armed with crayons and rainbows. She smiled to herself, snow was always a welcomed weather, she found it enticing. The Earth of yesterday covered as white as any new page.

"Have you got a speech prepared?" Hermione asked breathily.

"What? No of course not. You didn't tell me to write a speech." Harry cried.

"Well if I knew I was going to be addressing a large group of people about a very serious matter then I would have-" Hermione paused noting Harry and Rons frustrated expressions "but acctually it doesn't matter what id do, everyone's coming for you and youre skills. You'll do fine Harry."

"Thanks" said Harry.

"So how's things with you and George?" Ron asked casually, while Harry and Hermione walked ahead and were creating an integral plan for Harry's announcement.

"Yeah good thanks" she smiled, her  breath was heavy from sludging through the snow "we acctually said the L word not long ago"

"Wow thats wicked, good for you" Ron smiled supportively.

"What about you? got anyone under youre arm currently?" Y/n laughed.

"Well you know me, I'm just an absolute lady killer. But I need a break from last year. All those Beuxbatons girls couldn't get enough of me...and a man's got to rest" Ron said half seriously.

Y/n held her knees and physically bent over laughing.

"Oi shut up" he kicked her lightly, hoping that Hermione wasn't going to turn around and ask what was going on.

"Whats going on?" Hermione said bossily "both of you hurry up. We simply can not be late for the meeting that WE called everyone to."

"Now look what you've done" Ron laughed and gave y/n his arm to pull herself up with.

"Sorry lady killer." She smirked.

~

Soon the group were welcomed by the tall chilled windows of the Hogs Head Inn. They gave out onto a narrow front yard, which led onto a small street. All of which were illuminated by dull yellow lampposts. The lights gave the place an almost eery atmosphere, The way the dull yellow tinge was almost silent in broad daylight.

"Lovely spot" Ron said sarcastically.

"I thought it better to meet somewhere off the beaten track." Hermione said unconvincingly. Even she had her nose half turnt up at the place.

Y/n was about to push the door open but before she did she turnt to Harry calmly "you okay?"

He nodded "yeah" the corners of his mouth turnt up slightly.

Y/n rested her hand on the rough paintwork that coated the door and pushed. Flimsy wooden splinters pressed into her palm and shards of grey paint crumbled to the floor. The hinges squealed as though they were singing a warning, but there plea was soon silenced by a wall of familiar voices.

One by one the group all came through the door, the stagnant stench of cigarettes mixed with the sharp smell of drink wafted towards them almost immediately. Y/n was nearly certain that there was even a hint of sick tainting the fragrance of the Pub.

"I'm sure I heard someone" y/n questioned aloud.

"Sure it wasn't just that goat?" Ron lazily pointed to a lone goat, that was just sauntering through the premises.