45. Confirmation of fate

Educational decree - Number thirteen - all student organisations are henceforth banned.

The all too familiar sound of Filchs' hammer rapping against the wall echoed.

Hermione looked at Y/n worriedly. If Umbridge wasn't a concern before, she certainly was now. The new educational decree meant that she was getting suspicious. And thats the last thing they needed.

"Guys we're going to have to be more careful." Harry addressed the DA.

"Umbridge is suspicious, and I've got no doubt that she'll send Filch to patrol the corridors. But we also know how...persuasive she can be. So not that we don't trust any of you..but the parchment that you signed has a charm on it. Anybody who let's on to anyone who's not a DA member..well let me just say that we'll know you done it." Hermione said sternly.

"What a cheery start." Ron said quietly to y/n. Hermione glared at him.

"Urm right okay.. so today i want you in groups of five. We'll be doing a sort of small group practice. You'll alternate between the group and take turns disarming eachother. Once you feel more confident you can throw a few light jinxes or curses in.." Harry explained.

"Are you sure thats a good idea Harry?" Hermione asked.

"We've got to start doing a bit more than just disarming, and anyways thats why you'll all go off into small groups and ill walk round and keep an eye out for anything thats gone too far."

"Wanna be in a group?" Ron smiled.

"Yeah sure." Y/n nodded. "Want to join Mione?" Hermione agreed appreciatively.

"Oi you two, want to join our group?" Ron called to the twins.

"Yeah alright." George said.

"Bit scared of dueling with that one though." Fred said, pointing to y/n.

"Well she isn't going to do anything irresponsible..are you y/n?" Hermione demanded.

"No course not." She smirked

"Oh well now I'm convinced." Fred laughed sarcastically.

"Shh Freddie, or ill hex your ear off."

"No you won't" Hermione said.

"Joking joking." Y/n giggled.

First up to duel were Fred and George. Fred raised his wand first and went to disarm his twin.

"Expelliamus."

George reacted quickly and chanted the same spell.

"Expelliamus."

Both bolts of light met in the middle,and sizzled against eachother briefly. Before giving way and suddenly bursting into fireworks.

"Bloody hell..howd you manage that?" Ron gasped.

"No idea." Fred grinned excitedly.

"Pretty wicked though." George said, looking at his wand excitedly.

"Urr Ron why don't you go against y/n..me and George just need to talk about something." Fred suggested, still looking at his wand in awe.

"I'm not dueling her!" Ron said.

"Why not?" Y/n said, slightly hurt by his words.

"Because you're terrifying." He cried.

"Stop being a baby Ron." George called. The twins were stood a few metres away from the group and were conversing secretively about the fireworks they'd just produced. Y/n assumed that no doubt they were thinking up ways to incorporate it into there bussines.